PDA

View Full Version : Puffy Eyelids!

Cookie531
10-23-2003, 02:16 PM
I have allergies and wake up with puffy eyelids in the fall and winter months. I walk around like that all day and am getting sick of it. Does anyone know of anything that will "depuff" them? I heard preparation H works. Is that true?

guccimom
10-23-2003, 03:13 PM
cucumber slices (cold)

swf
10-25-2003, 11:58 PM
I just bought some No Puffery from Origins today. I had heard it was good for puffiness. It feels great! And very cooling too. The instructions say to put it on and leave for 5 minutes and then tissue off. But the saleslady told me that I could leave it on if I wanted. She said she does.

lovely.lady
10-26-2003, 07:43 AM
Try wetting teabags and resting them on your eyes for like 10 minutes. I've never done it but I hear it works pretty well.

just_imagine
10-26-2003, 11:03 AM
I know how you feel, except my puffiness is in the spring and summer. The only thing that consistently works for me are cold packs. I bought a cheap eye mask from the drug store and keep it in the freezer to put over my eyes in the morning...or sometimes I just take a few icecubes and put them in a ziploc bag. The colder against my skin, the better (just remember to be careful of getting "burned" by the cold!). I've tried cucumber slices and they didn't do much...I remember trying cold tea bags once too and I think they worked better than the cucumbers if I remember correctly!

I wouldn't risk putting something like Preparation H around your eyes!

[This message has been edited by just_imagine (edited 10-26-2003).]

auntchilada
10-27-2003, 08:10 AM
I have heard many times that Preparation H descreases swelling of the eyelids.

FaerieStars
10-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Preparation H is supposed to work because it causes the skin to contract, which is why we use it on hemmroids. If it decreases swelling there, then it should decrease swelling around your eyes. I suppose it would be bad to actually get it in your eye, so if you try it, be careful and use a little. I never used it myself but I've heard that makeup artists use it like one of their little secrets. Many things can be used as beauty products but of course, if everyone knew about them cosmetic companies would lose their business! Think about it, if you can spend whatever it is that preparation H costs compared to a $30 little jar of cream that does the same thing, which would you buy?

swf
10-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Okay, don't laugh, but I've used Preparation H before (on my eyes). Actually, it worked okay, but not as good as some of the eye creams/gels/masks out there now. I bought the "No Puffery" by Origins over the weekend and it really works great. I've used A LOT of eye creams over the years, and this one is one of the best. I think it cost about $18 or so - well worth the money.

dreamerr
10-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Are you guys sure that it is SAFE to use Preparation H under the eyelids? It sure would shrink the awelling but is it safe? has anyone discussed this with a dermatologist or an MD?

I have another question and would appreciate the response from those who have used Creams/jells or even the Prep H. How long does the shrinkage last. I mean, would the regular use of any such product, permanenetly rid the swelling or only when one keep using it time and time again. Doesn't the puffiness/swelling resurface after the effect of the cream goes off? In my thinking , the swelling is like an extra skin) bulge) which can only be gotten rid of by removing it surgically? Please comment as I may be wrong. And I do want to get rid of the puffiness undr my eyes.

Thirdly, I read somewhere that use of such cosssmetic creams, eventually, results in more swelling ( after temporary shrinkage)! Is that correct?

Cookie531
10-28-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I would try the No Puffery cream but I looked it up and it seems its for under eye puffiness only. I have a problem with the upper eyelid area. Guess icepacks or cold spoons is the only way to go with this.

FaerieStars
10-29-2003, 09:36 AM
The puffiness is swollen skin. It's usually not extra skin. The skin stretches and then can go back, like if you're bloated. The problem is after it happens so much, as you get older your skin loses it's ability to stretch and go back, and so it will sag. That's when you can think about surgery.