PDA

View Full Version : you know... about the breast englargment issue...

TranscendingAbyss
10-29-2003, 11:01 AM
I would like to talk about this from a standpoint of someone who has naturally very large breasts.

Now.. keep in mind I'm NOT refering to people with really small breasts.. like less than an A.. who just want to go up a cup size or two... thats fine.. if you're flat.. I can understand it. But I don't think anyone here lately really truely looks past the issue of SOME men liking big breasts.. to see the big picture.

Lets start at the beginning and just kick out one major myth: "Men like large breasts." No.. they don't... sorry. SOME men.. enjoy large breasts. Out of all the boyfriends and male friends and even some lesbian friends I've ever had... I know ONE male who really enjoys large breasts... and really thats only because when you're 6'5" an can palm a basketball.. little boobies kind of disapear in your hands. Even having big breasts myself.. they really don't get *nearly* as many "looks" as society would lead you to believe.

Almost every male I've ever discussed it with said the same thing: it's more about perportion than it is about the size of the actual breast. If you're a little tiny girl with little tiny features and a little tiny bone structure... having great big boobies just looks fake and silly. All of my male friends would agree with me right here right now.. that it's all about the breasts fitting the body. And some of them, would even go so far as to use their favorite saying.. "more than a handfull is a waste". So in closing, sure, some men like great big anime boobies, but it's no where near "all" men, and most men, in my experience, perfer a perportionate "natural" body.

My big point #2: You probably have absolutely no idea, just how good you really have it. I always hear women saying if they just had an extra cup size their clothes would fit better.. or their bras would fit better.. or they'd like their body more. Big myth #2: clothes are made for women with big breasts. DING DING DING... WRONG again. Clothes aren't made for women period, clothes are made for styrophoam tailors dummies who look nothing at ALL like a woman. And as far as bras go if you ever tried to fit on by the instructions on the companies poster.... yeah.. even bra makers have no idea how to fit their product.

I haven't been able to wear cutesy "trendy" stuff since I was 13.. I completely missed out on all of the legendary bad taste you get to express in highschool.. because all those cute clothes like the ones with the "peasant" seam right under the boobs... not so much made for anyone over a large C.

And finally on that point, Bras. The bigger you get the more often you *have* to wear a bra. When you're little you stay perky on your own and all you really have to do to wear something strapless or halter strapped or spagetti strapped is throw on some pasties and go. Doesn't work that way with bigger boobies.. especially as you get older you HAVE to wear a bra... and implant sagging is the *worst*... I've heard older women who got implants when they were younger say it's alot like having a big rock in the bottom pulling the skin down. Aside from just having to wear one *constantly*... the bigger you get the more expensive THEY get, less than five years ago you pretty much had to special order anything above a D.. and even some D's since again.. most bra companies don't seem to acctually know how to fit a bra. While thats changed with the increasing popularity of implants... and you can acctually find ALOT of D's and DD's now... one of the biggest reasons I WISH I had small boobies? Anything over a C is considered "full figured" and let me tell you.. full figured sizes come with FULL figured prices.. one of mine ranges anywhere from $27 to $42 from a good retailer. I walk over to the regular sizes and it's like..... what the heck..? unless it's specialty like a wonderbra normal sized bras don't tend to go above $20.. and THAT is just ridiculous.

Just one more small point before I finish up with my last big statement: I've watched about 6 proceedures and known 3 people personally that have acctually had breast augmentation.. I don't know if it's just a fluke coincidence or what.. but every last one of them ended up with more than what they told the Dr. they wanted. Happy with it anyway... but usually around 1/2 a cup more than what they went in to get.

Finally, anyone still considering serious breast englargement after all that.. there's one thing you should take into consideration:

Having large breasts.. HURTS. If you think your lower back hurts after a long day at work or on your feet? Try stuffing a couple of nice heavy sandbags in your bra while you're on your period. Not only are we talking major pain and inflamation... we're talking disk deterioration. As much as bones really don't like the extra preasure put on them by someone being overweight? It's even worse on them when your body is putting tremendous strain on itself by trying to hold up extra weight in such a bad area, direct stress on your lower back.

So, while I can understand someone wanting to go up a size just to fill out some or just tone them up after having a baby.... I just hope anyone seriously considering going up several sizes purely for asthetic.. really understands the depth of what they're getting themselves into. Sure, boobs look nice... but no.. *all* men don't like big boobs... and all in all they're not worth the problems they come packed with.

aliciajones260
10-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Your post really made me think. People always want what they don't have and sometimes it takes a post like yours to help people realize that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

The thing is that men are people-and all human beings have different opinions, preferences and beliefs. You can't please everyone.

I am okay with my breast size and have been happy with them since I was about 14. A lot of women aren't though. So, thank you for an inspiring and well thought out post.

[This message has been edited by aliciajones260 (edited 10-29-2003).]

VegasGirl
10-29-2003, 12:22 PM
I had my C's bumped up to D's with implants a year and a half ago. I love them! I have no back pain and my clothes do look better. It's a matter of opinion. To each his own. I am a model in Vegas and most women here DO have implants.

wearesiamese
10-29-2003, 03:33 PM
I have implants, and I have them to look more proportionate. I don't really care what men think either way... if they care that much about my boobsize then they "ain't worth it." I do agree with your post. If you do "pump up the volume," it should be because you want to, not to impress someone else.

swf
10-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Ever heard of the saying: the grass is always greener on the other side? Alot of times (with boobs), that is the case.

I am a DD and had implants about 8 years ago. I'm not complaining. I'm 5'2 and weigh 120 pounds. I am petite, but can assure you, I do not look ridiculous. Even though I'm short, I am very well proportioned. Now, I know not all men are "boob" men, but where I live, 95% of them love big boobs.

You are right on the money about the cost of the bigger bras. I just paid $56.00 for one this weekend. And the cute, dainty, sexy ones were about $25.00! Luckily, in recent years, bra makers have begun making prettier bras in the bigger sizes. I remember right after I got my boob job, I had to buy grandma bras and man, were they UGLY!

But that is the price I must pay for getting what I wanted. I do not regret it one iota. And as far as wearing a bra, I'm 44 years old and the minute I hit the door, my bra comes off. My boobs are not saggy in the least either.

Unfortunately, we live in a society where looks do matter. Men are visual creatures. The only thing I would say to someone who is thinking of getting implants is be sure that is what you want and if it is, go for it. Make sure you get a good surgeon. He will make all the difference in the world.

lovely.lady
10-29-2003, 08:02 PM
What is so dreadfully wrong with small boobs in the first place? Girls these days are so obsessed with having ginormous knockers and I just do not understand it. Sure, if you want to be taping your saggy boobs to your legs by the time you're 80, be my guest. And with the whole implant issue, they haven't been around for so long and sure we know they are safe for 10, 20, 30 years, but what about 50, 60 years from now? What about then? I don't know much about them and their safety but I wish that women would learn to accept their -God forbid- smaller breasts. Watch, 20 years from now the trend will be super small boobs and girls will be running to remove them.

VegasGirl
10-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Hey, if getting implants makes you feel better about yourself then there is nothing wrong with it. And if you are happy with small boobs, then there is nothing wrong with that. But it is no one's place to tell someone ELSE that they are stupid for wanting bigger breasts or that they should not be happy with smaller breasts. Again, to each his/her own!! :)

swf
10-30-2003, 02:05 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with small boobs. Every woman has a choice - she can remain happy with her breast size; be unhappy or do something about it (whatever that is). It is a personal choice. However, if one chooses to get implants, she should get them because SHE wants them, not what anyone else wants.

You don't hear me saying "what's with those small-breasted women anyway - they look so unnatural?" I say live and let live. Implants have been around for many years, and to be perfectly frank, I'm not worried about 50-60 years down the road - I'll be 100 and doubt that will be on the top of my worry list.

I don't know why it is repeated over and over that women with implants are going to have saggy boobs. That is simply not the case. Implants LIFT the breast. I know several women who have had theirs for 15-20 years and their boobs do not sag.

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. There are pros and cons to getting implants and a woman must weight them carefully and decide if that is what she wants. If she does not, then I say great. But if it is, that is great too.

lovely.lady
10-30-2003, 06:15 AM
I never said anyone was stupid or wrong for wanting bigger boobs... but why? What's the point? I just don't understand is all.

swf
10-30-2003, 06:49 AM
The point is that women get bigger boobs to enhance their looks. It makes them feel better about themselves. What is so wrong with that? If someone had crooked teeth and it bothered them tremendously, and they chose to get them fixed, would you ask them "what's the point?". Of course not.

It is every person's right to be the best they can be and to do whatever they wish to further that goal.

Let me ask you something: do you fix your hair and apply makeup every day? WHY? Because it makes you feel and look better.

I think because you have always had big boobs is the reason that you do not understand the need of other women to obtain them.

chopstix_gal
10-30-2003, 08:57 AM
just thought i would tell my story of seeing it from both sides-----

i never thought i would be the type of person who would consider implants, but i did end up thinking about it.

i'd look at people like pamela anderson and think "she is valued for her boobs. she is stupid. she must not have a lot to offer to rely on boobs for attention". she doesn't represent every woman, but i fell prey to stereotyping women who want/have implants. at that time, i was a C cup (and slim and very petite).

after a serious injury, i lost a lot of weight and barely filled out an A cup. i felt like my womanhood had been stripped from me. i didn't feel as attractive and very self conscious. so, i started thinking about implants. i felt guilty for wanting them though, for putting importance on something superficial.

it's been years now and i got some of my breasts back, but not all. i wish i had my C's again. i never had the surgery, but i certainly can now understand/sympathize with women who want them.

TranscendingAbyss
10-30-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm not trying to say it's stupid or wrong for women to want a little help in that department... in fact the first thing I said is I think it's perfectly OK if you're small and you want to go up to a reasonable size.

I just want women to get it for THEMSELVES... not because they think alot of men like it or because they think they're not beautiful without it. Thats why I made this post.. to help them see it from all sides of the issue and mainly just inspire people to think. If you want bigger breasts, do it for yourself, because it's what YOU want. Not because you think you need it to be beautiful, because you don't.

PennyLoafer
11-08-2003, 09:59 PM
I got mine for me and no one else. I wanted them, got them and look damned good with them. I am finding that stores are carrying larger sizes along with their regular sizes and they are really pretty. I am satisfied. I would do it over again in a heart beat.

swf
11-09-2003, 05:07 AM
Cheers and Amen!