PDA

View Full Version : Baseball....Question for ya

Roder
11-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Morning,

I think I've heard you say some things that lead me to believe you are in a certain area of SoC. If this is true, would you be able to give me the name of your sub doc? I think that's allowed on this board??? Also, can you tell me how much the cost was? I'm still having problems with everything and I'm trying to figure out my next step. Thanks a lot!!

P.S. You crack me up with your posts! :D

Bye!

Baseball65
11-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Morning,

I think I've heard you say some things that lead me to believe you are in a certain area of SoC. If this is true, would you be able to give me the name of your sub doc? I think that's allowed on this board??? Also, can you tell me how much the cost was? I'm still having problems with everything and I'm trying to figure out my next step. Thanks a lot!!

P.S. You crack me up with your posts! :D

Bye!

Hi Roder.

the .gov URL is: http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns_locator/index.html

I just went and checked the posting rules,as I didn't want to break any of them......anyhow,it says we can post .gov and .edu sites as well as give name/city/location, just NO CONTACT INFO.
I moved out of So Cal this summer.I had gone to a "rapid detox" in No Cal but if you've read my sparkling reviews,you'll realize it was just a learning experience,not a destination.(LOL)
I moved to Tennessee and had a much harder time finding a sub MD,as most are similar to the one I already went to.After CAREFUL consideration,reading posts and experiences of different addicts,I felt that a long term maintainance would suit me best,and not all MD's would agree.

My Insurance assigned MD,an addictionologist here in Music City,actually said "Oh yeah....that buprenex (old name for injectable form of bup)....why don't you get off this oxycontin for a few weeks and then I might prescribe it depending on how you are doing"

A.I'm not on OXYCONTIN..I'm on HYDRO...I only wrote it 20+ times on the intake paperwork!
B. If I could just stop and start like that....I WOULDN'T BE IN YOUR OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...ya' see,even amongst doctors,there is still a lot of misunderstanding...mine kept giving me zonogran,an anti-seizure medication that is supposed to make people less "impulsive"...it also made me throw-up round the clock...I guess when you're trapped in a bathroom puking all day you won't be making any "impulse buys".....
Just remember..you are your own best advocate.

My doc charged me 245 for the first visit,90 for each subsequent visit(4 of those in the first month,and then once a month from there on out)

By The Way!! I read some of your old posts...What kind of pain are you in?
I haven't been in pain for 5 years,and neither has anyone else who went thru the "method" that I went thru.My hydro addiction was just for coping ...never for pain....I was in chronic pain for years and NOTHING relieved it...I was near suicidal until I found a permanent solution for Pain.
????????????????????????? I'm really curious about your condition...details??

Let us know how you're doing
----baseball