PDA

View Full Version : 19 yrs old abusing cocaine

raph
11-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi I'm 19. I've been doing cocaine irregularly for about a year. I just had a few questions. I feel kinda guilty after doing it. I sometimes crave to do it, mostly only when I drink. Last time I did it was this weekend. I emptied my bank account (only a couple hundred dollars) and I kinda blew off a friend to do it. I don't do it that often so I'm not sure if I have a serious problem. One of my questions is, I did it 3 days ago but I still feel kind of not myself. Is this normal and will it pass, honestly? Any other input you offer is appreciated. thanx

sillyfrk14
11-03-2004, 05:54 PM
that stuff can make you feel wierd for a while. it will pass but i know my brother used for quite some time and still has wierd visions and stuff. if you use it long term it can affect your head long term. You just feel strange. I always get sick to my stomach when I think about doing it or am about to. The guilt is probably because you know you shouldnt do it and maybe a way for your body to tell you it doesnt want you to do it. But long term use can cause long term damage. Good luck.

PAmermaids
11-03-2004, 05:59 PM
please be very careful my brother's bestfriend was 19. he just died 2 weeks ago from an overdose, you are so young....just please be careful :angel:

baby_doll82
11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
ok, my cousin is a coke head, and he is a very smart person, and he threw his life away cause he got too into that drug, but i mean, i have used it here and there, and i don't care for it too much, but just be careful to get too involved if your going to continue to use it, but don't drink with it....my friend almost lost her life cause of it, she was partying with it, and drinking, got in the car, blacked out, got a felony DUI and now, yeah...........justB BE CAREFUL! it's not worth it...no drug is for that matter and i could see how someone could die of an overdose because you think your not high, but in all reality you are or something in your body is not letting you know that you have too much in your system...........just be careful

jamesjackson
11-04-2004, 06:49 AM
My cousin who had just turned 26 died of a heart attack in his sleep about 4 months ago. Everyone knew he used coke and ice some, we all did it with him. He was in great shape, Georgia state tennis champ as a senior in high school. Doctor said the coke had enlarged his heart too much. No warning signs, just died one night. I had heard that it could kill but never really believed it could take somebody as young as us. Stop now you are starting in the EXACT same way that he did(and we all did).

About the weird feeling, yes that is normal. Ice makes you feel weird like that times 10.

Trivial Rush
11-04-2004, 01:17 PM
I suggest you stop before it's too late. I used coke for 3 years and the first year i told myself i would never have a serious problem and its no big deal. Well let me tell you my life is pure hell now from using coke. Make sure if you do it you don't mix it with alcohol or vicodin. I have partial cocaine psychosis from doing all three for 2 years. Everyone is different everybody reacts to it differently so be careful. At least you acknowledge the fact that you have a problem, did you ever hear of NA it can help, people at the meetings are very understanding and they can help you with what you are going through. Seek help now before its too late and read alot on what cocaine and overdoses can do to you.

vamp36
11-05-2004, 11:37 AM
I am an ex cocaine abuser. PLEASE STOP!!! You can do it. It is NOT worth the money, the chance of dying so young. I haven't used in a year. I stil get cravings every now and then. Sometimes I dream about it. But I don't give in!!!! You are so young to get caught up in the mess of it. It does destroy people and lives. Good luck to you.

yoyogirl
11-09-2004, 01:59 PM
I always chuckle when people ask: What does coke do to you? My answer is this: It makes you feel like doing more coke. My advice to anyone listening is to stay away... it just isnt worth it. It really leaves you hanging cause eventually you'll hit rock bottom.

livefortoday
11-22-2004, 05:16 AM
... be good to yourself. coke is no good for you or anyone. i have never done it, and never will. at your age you should be creating your hopes and dreams. life can be much more fun without drugs. that is, if you choose to live it that way! if you keep on using, all your hopes and dreams will die, any maybe you, too. you are worth more than that! life is good. make your life better! take a deep breath, and say to yourself... i like me. i am going to be ok. i am going to be my own best friend because i like me. i am going to care for myself as i would someone i love. love yourself! that is the answer.
...take good care! :angel:

susieq0726
11-22-2004, 05:46 AM
It's bad news and nothing good comes from using it. Nothing. It slowly takes everything away from you. First it's sleep and your money, then it's everything else that's important to you and then maybe it takes your life. I have seen too many people loose everything they had by getting into this drug. You are too young to throw your life away. Even doing it once in awhile is bad.
And the weirdness that you're feeling???? It's because it's so hard on your system and your internal organs. It's like putting poison in your body.

daqa
11-24-2004, 08:21 AM
I agree with everyone else here-get away from it!! I was hooked for about 3-4 years. I have been clean now for about 5 years or something like that-I suffer from sinusitis and constant sinus infections-heart palpitaions anxiety, major depression and neuralgia.I also have fibromyalgia but I really dont know if thats linked to my cocaine use or not??..anyway-stop now while you can!!!good luck!

Tionnee
11-24-2004, 11:09 PM
From someone who has been there Please give it up because it will ruin your life that's if you are lucky enough to stay alive. The feeling will go away for a few days but the crave thereafter means you are hooked. Try going to a N.A. meeting and listen to some of the stories that you will here that will probably sound close to home. STOP USING!!!

kitten67211
11-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Cocaine is one of the most addictive substances. I was addicted for 10 years. I found relieve through the 12 step programs. I have 3 years sober. I had one relapse and 3 years before that. I have been to eight treatments. You better get help before you lose everything.

stilltrying
11-27-2004, 10:28 PM
I started using coke at 14 and it was only when I could get it for free. I said I'd never pay for it. For a long time it was pretty occasional, an "accent" to a night of drinking with my friends while trying to pick up girls. In a few years it went from that to three guys huddled around a mirror at 6 am trying to block out the sun from coming into the apartment while stringently measring out lines to make sure they were EXACTLY equal. People afraid to go to the bathroom because someone might steal what was there. I've had guns put to my head and been beaten up all due to coke & alcohol abuse. After 12 years in recovery and 10 years in therapy I've completely turned my life around. But the success rate for this scenario I've described is about one in 500. If you can stop on your own, please do. If not, get into AA or NA. It starts out being very controllable but never ends well...not for anyone I've ever known unless they quit. Good luck.