PDA

View Full Version : Cymbalta for Social Phobia?

wiski
11-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Had anyone been prescribed Cymbalta for Social Anxiety Disorder and did it work? Paxil is so far the only thing that worked for me for SAD. Lexapro & Effexor helped with G.A.D., but not social. I would love to hear your expierences with it.

Thanks !

hry33
11-17-2004, 01:29 PM
cymbalta is a new antidepressant of effexor type

paxil and lexapro are prozac type

any antidepressant is capable of helping with SAD, the thing is to keep trying them until you find 1 that works for you and whose side effects can be coped with. results sadly cant be predicted as everyone reacts differently

does the paxil still help, if not maybe up the dose :confused:

wiski
11-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the reply! Regarding the Paxil, I gained 30 pounds the first time I tried it. The first time I thought it was a fluke, it was winter, I wanted 'comfort foods' and blamed my eating on the weight gain. I went off it because of the weight and lost the 30 pounds. The second time it was summer and I tried to eat healthier- fruits, veggies, watched my carbs and exercised regularly and STILL gained alot of weight and the sweating was unbelievable so I had to go off it. I liked the way it made me feel, but could not handle the side effects.

Thanks again!