PDA

View Full Version : To Peksy13

pat88
11-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Hi Julie, Pat here. Just wanted to check on you. Hopefully you have had a better day. I went to the movie tonight. Saw "Ray". What a great movie about addiction....gave me the chills. Are you getting any sleep yet? Hope so. Went to my NA group last night...felt good to get around other addicts in recovery. I'm gonna try to get to a meeting every night for the foreseeable future....just feel I need the support right now. Raining here in Texas again....that's all it's done down here for the last 2 weeks. Stay clean no matter what!!! Hope to hear from you soon. Take care...you are in my thoughts and prayers, Pat.

peksy13
11-21-2004, 12:28 AM
pat last few days here feel like some of the worst of my life ive also drank any entire bottle canadiian club these last days (each day) ive not drank long 15 months maybe and i am a very small woman this is not good addiction sucks why do i have to be part of it? today really bad hubby doessnt seem to get it if he looked at me he he would know im in trouble hope you are doing well ill live just finding the strength for these days.pray for me..................julie

pat88
11-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Julie, hoping this Sunday is better for you. Have you tried to find a NA meeting in your area? I STRONGLY suggest you get to a meeting. You are trying to do this on your own. I have not seen that work for anyone in my 16 years of recovery. I'm going to be very blunt with you....you need to STOP the drinking today. You are making things so much worse by doing that. There is all kinds of information about Narcotics Anonymous on the internet....take time to do some research. The program has literaly saved my life. You will find people there that can help you thru this rough time. The first step is all about honesty and admitting that we need help outside of ourselves. That is where other people and God come in. NA is a fellowship of men and women for whom drugs have become a major problem. We are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean. It is a program of complete abstinence from all drugs. Hope to hear from you soon. Julie it WILL get better, but you have to stop using EVERYTHING for that to happen. You are in my prayers, Pat in Texas.