PDA

View Full Version : Strange nipple changes, please help

just_imagine
11-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting on a Cancer board here, and I am posting on behalf of my boyfriend since I am very worried about him.

While he was in Australia last winter, he suffered a bad sunburn to one side of his chest, including his right nipple. He was sore and peeled as usual from a sunburn, but his nipple never fully recovered. It is now almost one full year later and his nipple changes shapes, colours, swells in certain spots, is INCREDIBLY itchy (he itches it in his sleep constantly) and the skin is dry, rough and cracking. Some days it looks *almost* normal again, then he'll wake up the next day and it'll be rough, itchy and deformed again. It is just not healing.

He is so reluctant to go to a doctor, but I am really pushing for it. Could this be cancerous? I know we always hear about moles being dangerous if they change colour, shape or texture, but what about this?

I also read about male Breast Cancer, and I have no idea if it's possible, but I'm worried. My boyfriend is 22. Any insight at all would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

mudhound
12-01-2004, 04:45 AM
Yes, male breast cancer is poss. I have seen the effects of it on at least one male. I have heard of several others. Have him see a dr.