PDA

View Full Version : mole

krp84
12-03-2004, 07:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, I am new to the board. I have had a mole that I have had for 3 years, two weeks ago it got a red ring around it and was looking funny, I went in and had a nurse look at it and she said she thought it was all right, but I needed to have it looked at anyway; I go dec.23.... The red ring is almost gone and there is now a little flaking but not alot, only on one corner. The mole used to feel round and smooth, now it feels scratchy and flat like could disappear. Should I go to this appointment or not?? Thanks for any advice given.
krp84 :wave:

BonBe
12-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi and welcome to the boards. MY opoinion is since you were concerned about it in the first place, then continue on with your plan. It never hurts to get things dealt with, regardless of how improved (or not) they may be. anything that warrants YOUR CONCERN is important!!

Good luck and let us know.
Bonnie

guppygirl
12-04-2004, 12:14 PM
:) Hiya! If a mole changes in any way at all, go check it out. Now. Immediately. If not sooner. Good luck.

Belle2003
12-05-2004, 04:59 PM
While you are there at the doctor's office, have them check your whole body out for suspicious moles. Then you will leave knowing that all of your moles are safe!

ScottyB
12-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Please have it checked out as soon as possible. Better to be safe than sorry. I used to think that skin cancer was not a killer. Boy was I wrong. There is no cure for skin cancer, but if they remove it before it has a chance to matastasize then it wont effect you.
scotty.

lisa1991
12-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Please have it checked out as soon as possible. Better to be safe than sorry. I used to think that skin cancer was not a killer. Boy was I wrong. There is no cure for skin cancer, but if they remove it before it has a chance to matastasize then it wont effect you.
scotty.

I just read your post and was wondering if you are ok now. I had a superficial spreading melanoma removed 13 months ago. Mine was .38 mm stage 1a.

Lisa