PDA

View Full Version : marijuana/pregnant

Scared222
12-10-2004, 01:55 AM
Hi
I dont even think im allowed to post something like this here, but i thought i would give it a shot.
I was a marijuana smoker (everyday for a year) Sometimes up to 5 joints a day :( I never thought i would be able to stop, i really thought i was addicted. In sept :nono: ember i found out i was 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. I was smoking pot for 6 1/2 weeks not even knowing i was pregnant. I actually NEVER thought i would end up pregnant because i tried for a lng time and it never happend so i gave up trying. Well My DR mentioned to me their was marijuana in my system (duh) She recommended we get a level 2 ultrasound to check on the baby. :( Im so scared of what i could have done!! My poor baby. I cant even sleep .. I quit as soon as i got a positive result and it really honestly was not as hard as i thought it would ever be. Does anyone know of effects from using marijuana in early pregnancy? Alot of people are telling me not to worry about it because i stopped as soon as i found out, but its not easy not to worry! I have been stressing myself out over this. I can not sleep i dont want to do anything i just want to hear that everything is ok and i have another week for my ultrasound. Sorry if i posted this somewhere i shouldnt have. I have already been to the pregnancy board too. Thanks all :)

windysan
12-10-2004, 05:35 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Look at all the normal people who were born to hippie parents. Lots of those hippie chicks smoked dope and dropped acid throughout entire pregnancies and the kids were alright. Don't sweat it too much. Just don't smoke any more dope.

goddessgrl65
12-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Please don't worry about the pot-you stopped..and thats great..luckily-you are so early in your pregnancy..its not a really issue until your 2nd trimester.
When i was in detox-there were several women who were now on methadone and pregnant..they used up until the 5/7th months..not good.
But-were there to get on methadone and complete their prenancys w/o dope.
My sis-smoked pot unknowingly pregnant stopped-when she found out..around 6/7 weeks-and had a very healthy baby boy..
You'll be fine..just remain clean now..and take good care of yourself..
Congrads! A mom to be..
ggrl :angel:

Lilolill
12-10-2004, 08:47 PM
I know quite a few people who smoked bongs all throughout there pregnancies and their children are all perfectly fine, dont worry, your anxiousness will probably be more of a problem.

Frynd1
12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Hi. I didn't realize I was pregnant until I was 2 months along and I smoked pot daily during those 2 months. Not only that, I drank 4 times a week and went tanning at a tanning salon too. The doctor says the baby will be fine and that's all I can go off of for now. I can't go back and change what I did. I never did any of it intentionally, as I wasn't aware I was pregnant, but what happened, happened and there is nothing I can do about it. I'm 17 weeks pg now and everything still seems to be fine and healthy...goodluck