PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Gaining Weight

nwill
02-02-2005, 12:43 PM
I have successfully been on Weight Watchers for four weeks. The first week I lost 3.2 lbs, and have lost 1.2 lbs every week since. I am generally pleased with how this is going and feel that I'm not "starving" myself. My goal is to lose 15 lbs total. I'm 5'8" and 144 lbs. as of today. I started at 150 lbs.

My problem is now that I am losing and have pretty much mastered the art of counting points, it's almost like I'm scared to death to enjoy the occasional pizza or piece of cake for fear of not losing weight! Even if it's within my point total, if I KNOW pizza is high in calories I panic.

How do you get past that mind set and relax while dieting??

Jess75
02-03-2005, 08:08 AM
I have successfully been on Weight Watchers for four weeks. The first week I lost 3.2 lbs, and have lost 1.2 lbs every week since. I am generally pleased with how this is going and feel that I'm not "starving" myself. My goal is to lose 15 lbs total. I'm 5'8" and 144 lbs. as of today. I started at 150 lbs.

My problem is now that I am losing and have pretty much mastered the art of counting points, it's almost like I'm scared to death to enjoy the occasional pizza or piece of cake for fear of not losing weight! Even if it's within my point total, if I KNOW pizza is high in calories I panic.

How do you get past that mind set and relax while dieting??
It seems like there is no way around anxiety and dieting. Maybe you could make sure that you eat a pretty low fat diet the rest of the day, and then you could feel secure enough to eat the pizza. I have pizza here and there, and I'm still in my healthy weight range cause primarily, my diet is healthy and lower in fat. We've all heard it before that it's a lifestyle change, right? :rolleyes: :) I don't see anything wrong with enjoying a few slices of pizza here and there. But since you are almost at your target weight, I guess it would be different. Maybe just cheat only once a week, and try not to have the pizza AND the cake in the same week. BTW, don't they have that pizzs made by Weight Watchers? I used to eat those, LOL, and they are pretty good. :p