PDA

View Full Version : 3 Places on Face Keeps Scabbing

SimplyRose
02-06-2005, 07:46 PM
:confused:
I am 40 years old and have always had acne prone skin. I was not concerned when these place developed but now, well, I just don't know. I have a place on the bottom right corner of my chin that is like dead skin or a scab that never goes away. I have had this for many months and it just won't heal. It never gets puss filled or anything like that, just scabby like and tough. I also have a place in front of each ear opening that scab over, scabs come off and rescab again, even with no type of discharge to form the scabs. I have noticed these in the last month or so.
I know that no one can say weather or not these could be cancer of any kind, but I am wondering if anyone has had anything similar and what became of their situation? I became diabetic within the last 2 years, so was thinking that might be the reason they won't heal.
Any advice or help would be deeply apreciated I am getting more and more worried about this.

TIA
SimplyRose

Belle2003
02-07-2005, 03:14 PM
I had a spot on my nose that would bleed, scab up, but never heal. It turned out to be basal cell skin cancer. Being that you are diabetic, who knows if it could be related to that. Your best bet is to go see a dermatologist to give you peace of mind. I would think it highly unlikely that you have three BCC at the same time on your face.

SimplyRose
02-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks Belle2003!
I hope it's the diabetic thing causing this thing. What is basal cell skin cancer? I guess I will have to see a derm. doctor like you said. My dad had a skin cancer on his face about a year back, not sure what kind it was, but was not the deadly kind. I need to learn more about this stuff.

SimplyRose

Belle2003
02-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Basal cell is the best skin cancer to have if you have to have one. It does not move into other systems of the body. It is highly treatable unless neglected for a very, very long time. It is a bummer to have if it is on your face or somewhere that is exposed because of scarring.