PDA

View Full Version : Really? High G.I.-index post-workout foods...

justanothagirl
02-08-2005, 04:15 AM
Like. Usually after training I have a bowl of oatmeal (quick rolled) and skim milk, and like 10 ml soy milk for the taste and like 10 raisins. It's high in the G.I-index but I heard you should have high G.I-index foods after your workouts? (about 110 kcal)

I also drink a home-made milkshake which consists of half a banana, skim milk, a drip of vanilla extract, and like 10 ml soymilk.(about 150 kcal)

Is this okay after my work-out?? I'm trying to lose weight (currently 5'2, 115 lbs 17 female). Will this be stored as bodyfat or will it go to my muscles?

The ratios of the shake & oatmeal together
244 kcal
fat: 5 g
carbs: 37 g of which 3 g fiber
protein: 14 g

With the ratios (f:c: p) in % 18 : 57 : 24

Is this good??

OOPS! I always do this!!!!!!!!!! Wrong board sorry moderators... I'm going to copy this to exercise & fitness (sorry you can delete this one if you want).

ratboy83
02-09-2005, 04:22 AM
i dunno really. i know thought that if you post this on the exercise and fitness board though that they will know. chappy boy and his chums really know their stuff! :D

Jess75
02-09-2005, 07:21 AM
i dunno really. i know thought that if you post this on the exercise and fitness board though that they will know. chappy boy and his chums really know their stuff! :D
Chums? I never heard of that, lol :D

And after my workout, I either have a whey shake, or a meal(meat or beans, brown rice, veg). I also heard that drinking a shake and eating some fruit after a workout is good too, although I don't do that. I just make sure I fuel my body after my workout with some kind of protein, but I don't really worry about eating anything (high G.I.). I would think a whey shake ALONG with some oatmeal would be a really filling and good combination, and would almost be like a meal. :)