PDA

View Full Version : ephedrine vs. pseudoephedrine

laughitoff
02-08-2005, 12:17 PM
what is the difference between ephedrine and pseudoephedrine? is pseudoephedrine less effective in weight loss than ephedrine is?
thanks!

GLSheridan
02-08-2005, 04:48 PM
what is the difference between ephedrine and pseudoephedrine? is pseudoephedrine less effective in weight loss than ephedrine is?
thanks!

Pseudoephedrine is less effective than ephedine for weight loss purposes. However, neither are particularly safe for weight loss purposes.

laughitoff
02-08-2005, 08:39 PM
but it does basically the same thing? would i have to take more pseudoephedrine to equal the "weight-loss-power" of regular ephedrine? ephedrine is illegal right? if so, where can i find it (in what pills/medications is it found where it IS legal)?

ratboy83
02-09-2005, 04:13 AM
i'm no expert, but i'd guess that its illegal for a good reason. do you really think its wise to take it in any form for this reason? surely there are much safer ways of losing weight? exercise? Low-GI diet? find out on the weight loss board.

Lenin
02-09-2005, 05:28 AM
They work very similarly; limits are now being applied to OTC pseudoephedrine sales because the "powers that be" suspect overweight people are taking it for weight loss, and worse, TO GET HIGH. <oh, horrors>

Pseudo tends to raise BP so is probably something of a slight stroke risk but less than ephedrine.

Pseudo DOES work for weight loss in much the same way as eph....but our bodies get used to it in the same way so it's not a very good crutch to base a good weight loss plan.