PDA

View Full Version : small blackhead-like lump on side of nose

honeylust_20
02-28-2005, 11:11 PM
I have noticed that what I previously thought to be a blackhead, but realized was not after much poking, proding, and squeezing, has not disappeared after many weeks. It is pin sized and on the right side tip of my nose. It feels like a very small lump. I am very concerned and worried that it may be an early stage of cancer, it does not run in my family, however I tan indoors weekly. I am planning on making a derm appt tommorrow, but I know I will have to wait a while to get in. Any input anyone may have as to what else this may be, I am losing sleep over the thought of skin cancer. Please help!!

Belle2003
03-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Could it be a dark freckle? How big is the lump?

honeylust_20
03-01-2005, 11:43 AM
It is the size of a pen tip, freckles don't usually feel like lumps, do they?

motherchuck
03-01-2005, 06:26 PM
I had something similar growing for a year. I finally had a biopsy and it was benign. It was a sebaceous keratosis with some other term listed on the report. It was not cancer. I am going to get laser surgery to remove the rest of the growth. The biopsy did get rid of the black portion-now it is just red..right in the center of my nose!! I was just glad to find out it was benign as I do have an extensive history of basal cells cancer.

motherchuck

Candy88186
03-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Skin cancer is completely curable if caught in the early stage...