PDA

View Full Version : Painful Mole

walus
03-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Has anyone had a mole that hurt and turned out to be nothing to worry about? I have a mole that is starting to throb sometimes with sharp pain. I am getting it removed but I am constantly concerned about it. If you had a painful mole that turned out to be nothing it would be very helpful to hear about it.

Belle2003
03-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I had a mole that was painful and the skin all around it was red. The doctor removed it and then said that a hair follicle on it was infected and that was the reason for the pain and redness. I didn't even know that there were any hairs on the mole. They must have been peach fuzz like hairs.

walus
03-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Is there anything I can do to check on my own if it is an infected hair follicle? Or are there any off the shelf products to treat this before I get it removed?

BonBe
03-09-2005, 11:56 AM
No you are doing the right thing by having it seen to by a doctor. (since you are having it removed, I am presuming the doctor knows about the pain you are experiencing.)

the old adage....when in doubt take it out.... and that goes for all moles that have CHANGED meaning shape, colour, any changes should be checked out by a qualified doctor.

An ingrown hair is just that ingrown and if it is within a mole, all the fiddling you do to it, makes it worse. You sure do not want to get an infection. Let the doctor look after it, it is good that you have seen and doctor and have made arrangments for its removal...when will the biopsy be?

Bonnie