PDA

View Full Version : boosting immune system

FearfuL
03-13-2005, 11:02 AM
I've felt a little bit stressed over the past month. I can't TELL if it's affecting my immune system. I feel pretty good aside from the occasional headache, but just to counteract anything the stress may have done, I'm trying to boost my immune system through nutrition.

I know oranges are great. Brocolli too. Anyone else have any other good immune boosting nutrients/foods?

Losec20mg
03-13-2005, 12:50 PM
the best way to boost your immune system is to eat natural foods..processed foods, cold cuts, white bread, canned soups, all of that junk will kill your immune system..the best way is to eat all natural..

fruits
veggies
fresh meats( fish, chicken, steak, lobster, schrimps,etc...rabbit..)
good bread..
rice..etc..
salades everyday
etc..

get the picture..hehehe

fast foods gotto go

jazzyE
03-13-2005, 12:58 PM
I agree that all natural is the way to go...also add fresh garlic to your meals. Garlic is great for your immune system. Pretty much everything I cook, I use garlic and virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil is good for it too, just use it for cooking instead of butter and other oils or fats.

Losec20mg
03-13-2005, 01:13 PM
oh yeah, forgot the garlic and, the onions..and, my home made spices..hheheh..

Jogaholic
03-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Orange juice always seems to help when I'm not feeling great, and as everyone else said, fresh fruit and veggies, all that good ol' healthy stuff.

SammyT
03-13-2005, 03:33 PM
health food!:) haha

FearfuL
03-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks all!

Hey, anyone know how much OJ is the recommended 'dosage'?

I just saw one of the threads about too much orange juice being bad cuz of all the sugar. All orange juices will have sugar, but how would I know if it's added sugar or the natural sugar it comes with? Is 22g too much?

SammyT
03-14-2005, 06:29 AM
id say 1 cup per day will keep the boogy germs away! haha or like a juice box or somethin..

veggie girl
03-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Specific immune boosters;
Sprouted broccoli seeds, astragalus, ginseng root, reishi and shitaki mushrooms, oregon grape, olive leaf, ginger root, licorice root, lemon peel, echinacea.

Vitamins and mineral to counteract/help you with stress;
Vit C, magnesium, calcium, B5, B complex, antioxidants, tyrosine

veggie girl
03-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh, it also helps to keep the colon clean as it strains your immune system with the re-release of toxins.