PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding mole - problem?

amazonia
03-30-2005, 11:06 AM
A mole has developed on my back over the past 6 months. It started out flat and is now quite raised with a diameter of about 5mm.
I saw my doctor last week when he assured me that it was not malignant just by looking at it. I think the colour (pinkish) and even edges convinced him. Anyway he didn't want me to do anything about it but did say he would remove it if I wanted. So I am booked in to have it removed in 4 weeks.

However... It has now started bleeding from the edges, after I shower. I believe this is due to toweling too hard. Is it normal for a 'normal' mole to bleed under these circumstances? I am concerned that I should try to bring my appointment forward.

Thanks.

zoldanova
03-31-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi,
Please call your doctor and insist on having it remove earlier. Remember it is about you and your body, you are the only one who has to say what you want. Bleeding is not a good sign at all. No your moles should not bleed, I know you are toweling but even that, you are not over-toweling right? Anyway it appeared within six months, it was showing changes from flat to raise and now it is bleeding, something is definately going on in that mole. Have it removed ASAP. Is still does not mean that it is cancer. I had mole that wa bleeding once and it was OK, but it is showing you that something is happening, and even experienced dermatologist cannot tell just by looking, that is impossible, it has to go to the lab. I have read manys tories her that doctor said it is OK and patients had it removed anyway, and it was cancer. So don't listen to any doctor who is trying to tell you JUST by looking that it is OK, especialy if it is showing changes. CALL them and have it removed completaly, you need biopsy where they will removed complete tickness of the mole, do not let themperform shave or punch bipsy NO WAY, that is not good, because if ti is bad taht they cannot specified correcly how deep and margins. I have lots of moles and dysplastic nevi. I went throuhg lots of dermatologists before I found the one I trust. Be carefull, and always insist on what is good for you, it is your body. If you see changes ot feel unconfortable with a mole, have it COMPLETALY removed and send for biopsy, don;t anybody try to tell you otherwise. Don't let mistake of the doctors ruin your life. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm trying to gove you an advose form my own experience. Let me know how are you doing.
Ivana

amazonia
04-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Ivana,

Thanks for the advice. I couldn't change my appointment, I did try.
The good news is that the mole just fell off a week before I was due to have it taken off. I don't know how common this is, but there is almost no sign that it was ever there !

Good luck to everyone.

Chris.