PDA

View Full Version : Boyfriend is a recovering Cocaine addict

straitup
04-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi. I am looking for help, support and advice. My boyfriend is a recovering cocaine addict. We live in a small town, so you can guess what the gossip is like. He is having a hard enough time just maintaining his sobriety, so I hate to burden him, but I am going crazy. Ever since he came home from detox, he is moody, and the littlest thing sets him off. So I am trying to tiptoe around sensitive subjects, and at the same time, I am trying to keep my own sanity. Friends, relatives, co-workers all tell me that I am stupid not to kick him out (and I have days when I agree), but he is a wonderful person when he is clean, and I know that he is trying. How do I help him, and at the same time make him realize that I am suffering too? I have had to cover all of our bills for the last three months, I am tired, sick, and mentally exhausted at this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

flygirrll
04-02-2005, 04:09 PM
http://nar-anon.org/naranongroups.htm

Nar-Anon is for family members of addicts. It is a support group which helps you learn how to live with the addict in your life.

Good Luck