PDA

View Full Version : Lump on Arm

bride527
05-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I have a tiny Lump on my forearm.....it is really small.....almost feels like it could be a cyst...The color of it is the same as my skin. It actually blends in but it is raised like a little bump.....I had BCC on my face last year so of course i am paranoid. Isn't BCC when it is a dark color or pearly? I am seeing my dermatologist the end of the week, I want it out. any comments. bride527

bride527
05-20-2005, 03:20 AM
My dermatologist removed my lump.....She said it should be fine, could be a tiny cyst. She said it really didn't have to be removed but I wanted it removed because it had gotten bigger. It took 3 stitches and now it is gone. She told me not to worry about it she could tell by looking at it that is will be okay. Thank Goodness for that. Glad i got it taken care of. Bride527

worrywart0829
05-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm glad everything is OK! :)

bride527
05-31-2005, 04:27 PM
I had my stitches out today and got my report back.. Turns out it was a sweat gland. She said I absolutely do not have skin cancer but sometimes and it is very very RARE these thing can be cancerous. She suggested i see another dr. (she can't go deeper) and have him remove just another tiny bit to make sure. Do you think i should have another biopsy just to make sure. ??It seems like these doctors always want to have us go back and forth. Again, she said it is very rare for something like this to be cancer but they like to double check.....bride527

Belle2003
05-31-2005, 05:33 PM
I can be a worrier. So if you are one too, and you think that this will distress you, then go to the other doctor. You have the perfect excuse, my dermatologist said that to be totally safe I should go.

If the thought of having another doctor do a second biopsy causes you more distress than not going, then don't go.

What will give you more peace of mind?