PDA

View Full Version : Skin Answer for skin cancer?

all things
06-18-2005, 06:48 PM
My 51 year old fair skinned friend (female) had a dime sized pink, very slightly elevated, uneven bordered skin lesion on her hip. It was never exposed to the sun. She bought Skin Answer and applied it per instructions, until the pain was so intense that she had to stop. Now 2 years later, you can see where the lesion is coming back somewhat, as if it was never fully eradicated. I told her to finally go to the dermatologist and stop fooling around, but she doesn't have insurance. I told her I'd help her pay for the appointment. She thinks it's something benign like a keratosis. I know that no one can diagnose this, so my question is, does anybody know anything about Skin Answer? Could the fact that the pain was so severe mean it was indeed cancer? It seems if it was a keratosis, which is pretty superficial, she wouldn't have been in so much pain...it was actually a depression like the cream really ate pretty deep, and looked to be a half dollar sized very sore spot.

Belle2003
06-18-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't know what it is, but I would hurry to the dermatologist. Better safe than sorry. If it was melanoma, or merkel cell skin cancer (shows up as a pink bump) , I am sure that after two years she would have had other serious symptoms.

Stop messing with it so the doctor can determine what it is. Sure, the doctor visit may be $100, but if it is cancer, early detection can save lives. If it is something not serious, which we hope it is, then the $100 is worth the peace of mind.