PDA

View Full Version : lump on the inside of my lower lip ??

xgene
07-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I have developed a lump on the inside of my lower lip . This happened after I bit my lower lip but after it healed, the bump came out and it got a little bigger (it is hard and rounded, the size of a pencil eraser). I'm afraid this is a tumor or something because I never had this before even when I accidentally bit my lips many times.
1. Does anyone know what this is ?
2. what type of doctor should I see to get this diagnosed ?

Thanks,
Scott

Belle2003
07-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Could the site have become infected or filled with blood and it is taking time for your body time to re-absorb it back into your body?

BonBe
07-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Scott, LIke Belle said, it could be just from the injury of biting your lip. Lips seem to be HUGE when they have a wee mark on it, remember? the fact that yours is large, makes me think of infection as well.

I suggest you see your family physician, or even if you have a health clinic that you would go to. They can tell you.... if they cannot then they will refer you to someone else....sometimes a dermatologist but usually your primary care doctor can help.

As you know, the only way to diagnose any type of lump, bump, mole, etc, is through surgical removal and proper biopsy to determin what exactly it is.