PDA

View Full Version : What is this spot on my head?

Amberay
08-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Hello everyone! I'm 26 years old. I noticed about a year ago a small brown, flat,spot right on the hairline on my fourhead. It doesn't look like a regular mole, and it has gotten quit bigger. I've been meaning to talk to my doctor about it but most of the time I forget. Could it be skin cancer? How fast does skin cancer spread without treatment? After a year, wouldn't I be quit sick? Could it just be some sort of sun spot? It looks almost like a birthmark. Please reply. Thank you!

Belle2003
08-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't know how long it takes for melanoma to crop up, but just go to a dermatologist and have your whole body checked out for skin cancer. People get skin cancer everywhere, even on your scalp.

I had a mole on my chest that grew slowly over ten years. It was shaped irregular, was bigger than a pencil eraser and was multicolored. Luckily it was not skin cancer.

Do yourself a favor and have it checked. You will be kicking yourself forever if it did turn out to be something and you dragged your feet.

I am crossing my fingers that it is nothing.

Amberay
08-17-2005, 06:59 AM
Thank you for your reply! I will have it checked as soon as I get my health insurance, next week.

Ga Lady
08-20-2005, 08:42 AM
I have a flat brown spot on the side of my face. My derm told me to not worry about it until it got to looking darker and darker. I had a melanoma on my arm taken off. Results of tanning beds and sun and being fair skinned. I wouldn't panic hun. I would have it checked. Peace of mind is worth alot! Let us know!