PDA

View Full Version : Weird mole on my back

Krista2882
08-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I just discovered this really weird mole on my back a few weeks ago. As far as I know, it was never there before, and now it's light-brownish in color, and feels crusty. It's not oozing or anything, it's just a lot rougher than the rest of my skin.
I'm just wondering if it's something to be concerned about. Since I can't see it well because of its location, I had my brother look at it, and he said it doesn't really look anti-symmetric, and it's not red or anything.
I'm seeing the doctor (my regular physician) in a couple of weeks about it, but I was just wondering if anyone here thinks that it's something to be concerned about, and/or if I should try to see a dermatologist sooner than a couple of weeks from now when I have an appointment with my physician.
Thanks!

Lindsay04
08-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Anything new or suspicious on your skin should be checked out. I don't think 2 weeks will make a huge difference, but you shouldn't wait any longer than that. If it is changing rapidly you should get it checked as soon as possible. I also have a mole on my back that I am getting checked next week. I wish you the best of luck.

smithn
08-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Two weeks is fine for your type of mole. It doesn't sound like a cancer.

Ga Lady
08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Krista, two weeks won't hurt to wait. I work for a dermatologist and it's safe to wait that long.