PDA

View Full Version : Skin Tags

Shawn98
08-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I had a weird looking mole i have been concerned about, but after reading about skin tags and seeing what they look like i think it is just a skin tag. Having not changed at all for YEARS. If it would bemelanoma i am sure there would have beeen some changes though. Anyone ever have any skin tags they were concerned with and went to a derm and get a clean bill of health? all advice is welcomed.

Shawn98
08-14-2005, 11:41 PM
also, after i get a bath and i scrub where my skin tag is ( i think thats what it is) it looks like someon of it wants to come off. is this normal, can parts of skin tags actually come off? i got an appointment with a derm wen aug 17th

bilnjon
08-15-2005, 07:56 PM
My daughter was born with a skin tag, it was between her anal and her vagina opening area. It was about the size of a unpopped popcorn kernal. The doctor told me that it would go away eventually. He was right after about six years, she had her yearly exam and the skin tag was gone.

Kymberlee
08-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey,there! Skin tags runs in families. My Dad has tons of them. My brother has had so many that he has had his General Doctor have to remove them! My brother told me that he has had tons of them removed around his groin area. I have skin tags, too. My Derm has seen them and told me to forget about them. They are not harmful--just ugly! lol Yes, sometimes they look like they're going to come right off. I've pulled some off before and then they bleed alot! If you want them gone, just ask your Doc to take them off! Good Luck!

Shawn98
08-16-2005, 11:29 AM
and from what i have been reading, if it were melanoma or any cancer it owuld be changing right? cause i have had this for years but never no changes in them.

Shawn98
08-16-2005, 04:56 PM
kymberlee, what did the skin tags look like? mine are not soft as described, they are somewhat firm, like the texture of a mole. it looks like on skin tag, then a paper's thickness of space separates it from another bigger skin tag, both are ugly and greyish or brown in color. i have had it for YEARS. and its in the pubic hair region on the pelvis, is that actually considered the groin?

Shawn98
08-16-2005, 09:26 PM
well what i think is a skin tag seems to be dried out, almost wart like. can skin tags be dried out? also seems to be inbeded in the skin.

Kymberlee
08-17-2005, 04:46 PM
shawn--please go see a Doctor about your questions--it sounds like skin tags to me. This way, I think you'll feel much better if a Doctor tells you it's NOT cancer. Good Luck!

Shawn98
08-17-2005, 08:25 PM
kym, thanks, i had to cancell my appoint today because i had to use the 65 bux for food. I dont see any change i anything. change is key so im just going to get them checked when i eventually get insurrance. its way to hard to pay for something up front. how old was your brother when he got his tags anyways? im 26

Ga Lady
08-20-2005, 09:14 PM
skin tags are ok shawn...just a normal part of aging hun! I promise!