PDA

View Full Version : Need Help, concerned

panaSONIQUE
08-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Hello all,
I have moles all over my body, and theres on in paticular thats rather large, always has been. i've been looking at it, and it seems to have raised itself a bit...does that mean it could be melanoma? It hasnt changed in diameter, border or symetry. Any help is wonderful

Shawn98
08-17-2005, 08:29 PM
im no expert, but you should get them checked. i DO know that CHANGE is key. from what i have been reading, it should be changing for like 4 weeks straight, and growing irradically. check it out, what color is it?

panaSONIQUE
08-19-2005, 08:01 PM
It's brown..it hasnt really changed color..i made a derm. appt, but im a little worried because ive been having like muscle pain in that arm, a little bit near the mole..it could be from sleeping on it, but would melanoma cause this type of pain?

Shawn98
08-19-2005, 08:12 PM
from what i have learned, melanoma really dont cause any pain at all. if the mole is not changing, u should not even be concerned, "change" is key to everything . how long have u had this mole? is it just now changing? where is the mole anyways, is it odd shaped? and how big is it?

panaSONIQUE
08-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Ive had it since birth. It has just gotten bigger not in diameter, but in how its raised. I just noticed a change a few days agao and its on my arm. its a little less larger then the size of a pencil eraser and its symmetrical.

panaSONIQUE
09-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Hello all, just thought I'd update you
I went to the dermatologist who said the mole is fine, that sometimes they just rise up. Well guess what? NO more tanning beds, and I am going to cehck my moles every six months...so maybe this experience was a blessing in disgiuse. Thank you so much for all of your advice, I truley appreciate the time. Best of luck to everyone whos here now, and everyone who visits.:)