PDA

View Full Version : I have a weird mole on my arm.

yumi6
08-29-2005, 02:24 PM
I didn't even notice it when I first developed it...about 3 weeks ago. I thought it was a bug bite or something. Then I thought I burned myself somewhere but I never felt any pain when it happened or afterwards. Besides, if I burned myself it would turn from red to lighter. It turned from light to red. Now it's turning brownish and feels thicker and it's getting drier, I think. It's irreguarly shaped and pretty big. About a half inch.

I know I should go to a dermatologist but I hate doctors. I really don't want to go. And I know this is probably something stupid because I'm only 18, I've never tanned in my life, I sunburned only once when I was a child, and I don't have a history of any kind of skin cancer in my family.

I looked at all of these tumors online and my mole doesn't look like that. Mainly because it's not so dark and irregularly colored. It's like a reddish brown. Anyone have any experience with "weird" moles or can give me some advice?

Belle2003
08-29-2005, 11:15 PM
No one can diagnose your mole over the internet. An irregularly colored mole (not one solid color) can be suspicious. Any one at any age can get skin cancer. There is a two year old who has melanoma on her toe. I am sure that she did not have a lot of sun burns.

Even though you don't like doctors, you should make an appointment with the dermatologist for a mole check. It is totally painless and you will have peace of mind. Peace of mind is priceless and worth the co-pay.

Who knows what it can be being that it developed so quickly. Do yourself and your nerves a favor and make an appointment. When you get a clean bill of health you will feel so much better.