View Full Version : Discharge?

09-26-2005, 11:00 PM
For the past few years I've had a thick, white discharge.. I don't burn, or itch... I'm kinda of embarassed to go to my doctor about it... I talked to a pharmacist, who said it could be a yeast infection, but I treated it as one, and it didn't go away..
It happens every day, not just occasionally...
does anyone have an idea as to what it may be, and how I can get rid of it?

09-26-2005, 11:55 PM
i have the same problem sometimes.
i just kinda deal with it
sometimes its a lot and sometimes it isnt so much

be interesting to find out what causes it and how to get rid of it

09-27-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't know if mine is the same. But I've had thick, white discharge before that doesn't burn or itch. I get it every once and a while...my doctor told me it was a yeast infection...could be caused by many different things. Sometimes the discharge can be really, really thick and sometimes I will itch down there (those are the worst times).

The first time it happened, I was thinking it could be a yeast infection so I went to the drug store and got some over the counter thing for it...but it didn't work...actually made it worst. Finally, I went to the doctor and she told me that what I had was a yeast infection. Wrote me a prescription [Diflucan -- I think]. Just one pill and within a few days the discharge went away.

Sometimes I get the discharge but it goes away on its own. I only go to the doctor when it gets really bad. I've tried the over the counter stuff for yeast infections twice and both times it didn't work (made it worst) and I had to go to the doctor and get a prescription.

09-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Hmm... Did your doctor have to do an exam, like a PAP smear, or anything? Or could they just prescribe from you describing?
I'm really shy, and not sexually active, and I really don't want to have to go to on OBGYN...

09-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Well first time I went to a gynocologist and I described what I had. She told me it was yeast infection and gave me a prescription.

For some reason, when I tried to using the over the counter ones, it just didn't work. But the Diflucan cleared it up right away.

You could also go to your family doctor or a clinic and describe your symptoms. To me it sounds like a yeast infection (which is very common) but you should go see the doctor and tell them your symptoms and see what they have to say.

Don't be embarrased; doctors are professionals who deal w these problems on a daily basis and have a better understanding of what's going on. It doesn't mean you're dirty or anything bad...yeast infections happen just because.

If you take a broad range antibiotic, it will kill all of the bacteria in your body including the bacteria in your virgina that keeps the Candidia (yeast) under control. Also, diabetics are more prone to yeast infections just there's more sugar in the bloodstream for yeast to grow (I'm pretty sure that's the case, but don't quote me on it). You can get yeast infections from wearing wet swimming suits for too long a period of time. For me, I noticed I would a yeast infection (50%) when my boyfriend would ejaculate in me. Pretty much anything that changes/disrupts the balance of the "ecosystem" inside the vigina has the potential to cause either a yeast infection or even bacterial vaginosis

So its better to talk to your doctor, he'll give proper diagnosis and you won't have to keep "living with the probem anymore"

Good Luck