PDA

View Full Version : Basal Cell Carcinoma?

matty009
09-27-2005, 12:59 PM
About 2 months ago, I found a moderately sized, skin-coloured bump on my lower back, just above my anus. At first, it didn't worry me, but it still hasn't gone away. Every morning, it seems to scab but not go away, but by the afternoon, it is pearly and it seems like come kind of fluid comes out of it. This happens everyday. Now it has me worried.

It sounds a little like it can be Basal Cell Carcinoma, but I'm not so sure how. First of all, the location is nowhere near where this cancer normally occurs. Secondly, I don't have very much exposure to the sun, and I'm only 20 years old. Any other ideas on what it could be?

tmg
09-29-2005, 09:43 AM
No ideas on what else it could be you should get it checked out. It will at the very least give you peace of mind. You can get BCC in areas that aren't exposed to the sun. I had one on my neck that was rather large, that area doesn't see much sun because my hair covers it up. So it is worth looking into.

matty009
10-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the advice man.

I decided to make a doctor's appt. for Wed. Hope its nothing too serious.

tmg
10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Good luck at your Dr's Appt let us know how it turns out.

nwill
10-04-2005, 11:40 AM
TMG - What did the one on your neck look like? I have one on the back of my neck that won't heal - my doctor keeps treating it with topical prescriptions, but it doesn't clear up. My neck is also stiff around that area.

tmg
10-19-2005, 07:00 PM
The one on my neck looked more like a raised rash. I kept putting topical stuff on it and it never went away. It just kept getting bigger. It was pink in color and itched all the time. When I finally got a Dr to pay attention he did a biopsy that came back BCC. The whole time he was doing the biopsy he kept asking me if I had a family history of melanoma. I was releived it was BCC compared to melanoma. I have a pretty big scar from it but my hair covers it up. Hope that helped you. tmg