View Full Version : Lump at bottom of right ear what is it?

10-20-2005, 10:10 PM
I have a lump right where my earlobe meets my cheek.. The lump is painful from the back of my ear to the front of my cheek. It is growing every day. It only hurts to be touched no throbbing sensation otherwise. Can anyone tell me if this is important. My husband is in the Navy and it takes for ever to get an appointment.. I would hate to make one and have him say its no big deal.

Emily :confused:

10-21-2005, 12:42 AM
We are not too knowledgeable about such things here am afraid - it's inner ear problems and dizziness that we know about! BUT I would advise you to go to the doctor ASAP as if it is growing everyday, this doesnt sound too great. It could be a swollen gland but go to your GP to ask and for them to check it over.


10-21-2005, 11:48 AM
I agree with CL. I'd go to the doctors asap especially if it is growing. Do you have other symptoms? Sounds like it is a little high to be a swollen gland, but hopefully that is all it is. Is it where your mastoid bone is? Mastoid bones swell and get red and you'd have pain if it was your ear. Could also be just a cyst. I think your best bet is to seek professional medical advice.

Good luck - Gloria

10-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks so much guys.. I have had a cold for a month now and I figured it was a gland at first but its way to high up, and it isn't on the bone either... it in a soft spot between my jaw bone and my skull base (so I can feel). It hurts pretty bad to the touch. I will make an appt. ASAP.. Thanks guys!