PDA

View Full Version : Yet, another question regarding this spot I have.

irisrose
10-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Well, I was supposed to go last week to have it removed. But because of a medical situation I had to help my dad with, I was unable to go. I will try and get an appt. this week.

Anyhoo, I'm just wondering if any of you can help me with something about this mole or spot. When I press on it or stretch the skin to get a better look at it, it blanches. The pinkish red color totally disappears and there is just the faintest tan color. If that was all there was without the pinkish red, I would never even have noticed it. And I think if I do this too many times, it gets redder, like I'm breaking capillaries. Or I could just be imagining it too. I don't know.

Do any of you have any idea why this is or what it is? Is it one of those cherry angiomas? It's not as bright red as some that I have. Is it a mole with a blood vessel under it providing the red color? It appeared red like this and had it not gotten a scab on it about a month ago, I don't know that I would be so concerned about it. I just wish I knew if it were dangerous or not. Now that I've had to postpone my appt, I'll have been watching this mole for a month and a half. That worries me that I have waited too long if it is melanoma.

Thanks for any help.

Ga Lady
10-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, I was supposed to go last week to have it removed. But because of a medical situation I had to help my dad with, I was unable to go. I will try and get an appt. this week.

Anyhoo, I'm just wondering if any of you can help me with something about this mole or spot. When I press on it or stretch the skin to get a better look at it, it blanches. The pinkish red color totally disappears and there is just the faintest tan color. If that was all there was without the pinkish red, I would never even have noticed it. And I think if I do this too many times, it gets redder, like I'm breaking capillaries. Or I could just be imagining it too. I don't know.

Do any of you have any idea why this is or what it is? Is it one of those cherry angiomas? It's not as bright red as some that I have. Is it a mole with a blood vessel under it providing the red color? It appeared red like this and had it not gotten a scab on it about a month ago, I don't know that I would be so concerned about it. I just wish I knew if it were dangerous or not. Now that I've had to postpone my appt, I'll have been watching this mole for a month and a half. That worries me that I have waited too long if it is melanoma.

Thanks for any help.Hi..I have melanoma or I like to say I HAD melanoma. My spot was pink with a red halo around it. About the size of a pencil eraser with a smudged area going vertically across. Had a Gp tellme it was nothing...If I had listened to him I imagine things would be bad. Actually went to the derm for another spot but when he seen this one, he immediately removed it for biopsy.

Now getting to the spot of yours...I have a red spot down at my ankle that when I push on it ..it disappears...Then to return to it's color and sometimes brighter red. The derm told me that it was a spot of capillaries...Nothing as in skin matter..Just a little defect in my "vascular" parts there I reckon. Now with you saying there is a scab...that might be something to have a derm really check out. My melanoma wasn't scabby but it also wasn't ulcerated. Ulcerated melanomas scab or bleed and sometimes ooze...Just go have it checked. OH! I also have another spot that tends to be scabby looking and it's one of them dermafibromas I hope I am saying that right...It's a tumor that is from a bite or shaving or some kind of trauma to the skin. I have one on each leg in the same exact spots...Hubby said I was turning into a rooster and growing spurs. I wish you the best. My prayers also! Just go...and Have peace of mind. Much love prayers and faith believing all is well for you and yours!

Tauri79
10-22-2005, 12:00 PM
irisrose,

I'm sorry to hear you missed your appointment but as I previously said in my posts to you, nobody can diagnose the spot except a professional. Nobody on here can tell you what it is and we are not qualified or able to see it.

It sounds as though you are obsessing over it to the point of worrying yourself ill over it. That's not healthy for you. So my advice is, go to the doctor and get it removed and diagnosed. Do not spend ages on the internet trying to work it out yourself. You'll find a lot of conflicting information that will only frighten you.

Until you get to the doctor try your best to out it out your mind. This is hard I know (believe me) but worrying will only stress you out and make you ill.

I wish you all the best, I really do.:)

Ga Lady
10-22-2005, 12:04 PM
How true you are ...I made myself literally sick when I was diagnosed with melanoma several months back. On the internet we find all the worse case scenarios or often times just pure out "lies" that makes us think we should already be dead. Live life ...Stop and smell the roses and remember...We aren't going to get out of this world alive anyway. That's what I had to really face and I'm 36 years old with 3 kids. When I heard my melanoma was indeed melanoma..I thought THIS IS IT! But...In fact,it was a thin one...alittle more deeper than I would ofliked but still thin and a good prognosis for the over haul. Go to your dr! No more obscessing and compulsing! NO NO NO!

irisrose
10-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks GAlady!

How long did you notice your's having this red ring around it? Or how long between the time that your GP looked at it and the derm removing it? I plan on having it removed. However, what my concern is if it is melanoma, have I waited too long? Yes, it's been there awhile, but it only began to change in the last month maybe a little longer than a month. By change I mean the scab. It never bled, just got red like it was bleeding underneath the skin and then a small scab. It's possible I scraped my forearm on the garbage can lid. I always do it, but whether it could have injured that spot, I don't know.

Anyway, how long did you have yours before you had it removed and found it was melanoma?

Thanks again for the reply and your experiences.

irisrose
10-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks you two for the replys.

I know I sound obsessive and neurotic. But the one thing I didn't mention is my sister had melanoma about 7yrs ago. Diagnosed at about the age I am right now. So not only do I have this odd spot, history of several blistering sunburns but a first degree relative with melanoma.

So, I appreciate your kind reponses and sorry if I might be somewhat annoying in my repetitive questions. But I just need something optimistic experiences to hang onto.

Thanks again for all your help and I'll post back when I get the results.

Ga Lady
10-22-2005, 12:34 PM
You do not sound neurotic in the least! I was actually a hypochondriac when I was young. My biggest fear was cancer. Well at the age of 36 I was dx'd with it and didn't have the first panic attack. Now how weird is that? LOL! You ask all the questions you want. I DID! Over and OVER and OVer! I still do! I work for my derm and I will ask him off the wall questions from time to time. But I want to know....and I ask! You do the same and Yes with your sister having melanoma..You definetly need to be first in line going to the derms! Pronto Girl!

irisrose
10-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks GAlady.

I will be going this week if they can get me in. My dr. just removes them without question because of my family history.

It's just that I'm tired of watching and wondering. I've had many moles removed. 6 or 7 I think over the years All had something suspicious about them and all have come back totally benign. So it's getting tiresome. I don't know if my sister having had melanoma is saving my life or causing me a lot of expense and worry. None the less, I have to act when I see something odd or something change. It's just nice to hear some supporting thoughts when you're in a flux of anxiety.

Thanks again for you kindness and well wishes.

Ga Lady
10-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I'll never forget the day I heard the word over the phone. I had just laid down due to a migraine. The phone rung and my daughter came in the bedroom and told me to call the Derm's office that next morning. I knew something wasn't right. When I called, I believe I literally went into another dimension of some kind of state...Possibly shock? I thought ...Am I dreaming? Then my migraine was so intense I felt as if I was having a stroke due to the anxiety rising. But in reality I only broke down twice through it all. Once on my husband and then by myself. But I am a Christian. Not that I am a saint. But that Sunday I went to the altar and I left it with the Lord. Yes, I poke and prode from time to time. That is natural.

Through all this, my son's g/f quit going to the tanning bed. My cousin who is a hard head also stopped going. So IF it took my dx's to keep them aware then I will accept that.