PDA

View Full Version : dark fleck under the skin of my bottom eyelid

tonyolliver
10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
I am concerned about a dark fleck under the skin of my bottom eyelid. I do not know know how long it has been there but I think I may have had it for several months at least.

There are no other symptoms,

The fleck is fairly round, flat, black discloured ( possibly dark blood ) under the surface, not on it and is only about 3mm across. It seems lighter on some days.

Sorry to trouble you all but you hear of these melanoma scares

Does anyone know what this could be and should I wait b4 seeing a doctor. It seems so trivual

best wishes

tony

Mom22greatkids
10-31-2005, 12:18 PM
It's always best to get it checked out to be safe. I have something like you described under my eye, but it is brownish in color. Like yours some days it looks lighter. My dermatologist says it is a broken blood vesel.

tonyolliver
10-31-2005, 12:27 PM
thanks for the reply, would it be safe to watch for a few months and see if there are any changes ?

tony

Mom22greatkids
10-31-2005, 05:29 PM
I wish I could say it's safe but if you are concerned about it and you don't know how long it's been there you should have it looked at. At least you could have peace of mind if it turns out to be nothing.

BonBe
11-01-2005, 02:53 AM
The rule is When in doubt get it checked out. Yes if you feel worried about anything..... the best advice is to show your concern to your family doctor.

I have stage 2 melanoma and also still freak out when I find more spots, or what ever. I have one on my lower eye that has always looked like I had made a mess of mascara (which I do not wear) turns out it is Keratosis and I have tons of those ugly blotches in many diff shapes, tones of brown to black, and size.

Bonnie