PDA

View Full Version : mole on nipple

TheTwo^Pigeons
11-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi Im 16 and male and have always had a mole on my right nipple, well for as long as I can remember. Im pretty sure it is a mole and the reason I think this is that the actual part of the nipple, not the areola is brown like the colour of the moles on my body and also it is different coloured to the left nipple. Now im not sure if this is common or not but I think i might have seen some changes to it. I think that it has changed in colour a bit, to a bit darker colour in parts of it. It is small sized so I cant really tell but is the whole mole on nipple thing a sign on skin cancer or more common than I would think

irisrose
11-23-2005, 08:32 AM
I don't think having a mole on your nipple is more likely to be skin cancer than on any other part of your body. And because the nipple area is more pigmented than the surrounding skin, it might not be a mole at all. Have you had a doctor look at it? Because you said you are 16, you are could be having some changes hormonally that could be causing this area to change in pigmentation.

I don't think I would be overly worried about it if I were you. But you should certainly show it to your doctor at some point. It could be any number of benign skin growths and not a mole at all. Or it could, in fact, be a mole and still not be anything to worry about. But until you have a doctor look at it, you may not know for certain what it is.

Take care!