PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my Moles =(

jamie451
11-22-2005, 09:16 PM
I have 2 big moles on my chest and im sure they have gotten bigger over the past years and also more in height and the colour is changing darker. One is round but its got a bit of a point to it on one side. The other one is mostly round but rough edges up close. Its also really weird looking because its very dry and the mole looks like its made up of lots of little parts put together. They look scary to me. I am scred of cancer and i know i should show my doctor but im SO SO SO scared that they will want to cut them out! What is the procedure and does it hurt? Because im terrified of needles and just the thought of them cutting my moles off scres me to death. At the same time im so worried about doing nothing! Its really stressing me out and taking alot out of me. Any feedback from those of your who have had them removed would be very good to hear. And also what did your moles look like that were removed and did you ask it to be removed of did your doctor suggest it? And did it hurt?? :( Thankyou!

irisrose
11-23-2005, 08:10 AM
It's so easy to get freaked out about our moles. If I looked at every mole I had, I'm sure I could find something that would (to me) look suspicious. That's why you should have a dermatologist look at them for you. And I highly suggest a dermatologist and not your primary care doctor.

Having a mole removed is no big deal. I would prefer to just go in, have it taken off and tested, and then be done with it. Instead of watching them, looking at them and always wondering what they are. The doctor will need to inject anesthetic to numb the area, but the pinch is negligable. Then they will remove the mole. Sometimes you might need stitches and sometimes not, depending on the kind of biopsy. I have had several moles removed for various reasons. All have been benign except for one that was pre-cancerous and now that one is gone and I don't need to be concerned about it any longer. Frankly, I would rather have a mole removed than go to the dentist.

Please don't let this very minor procedure stop you from having your moles looked at. It's most likely that your moles are just changing with time and they are not melanoma at all. But you won't know that until you have someone look at them. Just go for your peace of mind.

Take care!

jamie451
11-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Thankyou very much, i think i can stand one needle to get this horrible worry off my mind.
You really have given me some courage and also im happy to hear that you got rid of your cancer worries too. Thanks again!