PDA

View Full Version : How Many Moles Can Be Removed At A Time

panthers78
11-29-2005, 07:22 PM
How many moles can be removed at a time?
There are 4-5 I would like to get off of me. They don't look too weird, but they concern me...they may go bad down the road.The rest of mine are flat/normal looking. Someone told me the insurance may only cover 2?
I would gladly pay out of pocket to get the others removed.

wakkochic17
11-29-2005, 07:30 PM
^ yeah, depends on your insurance. Mine is stupid and only allows 2 at a time. There are several dermatologists, including mine, petitioning the company I have to change that. Best thing is to ask the dermatologists office and tell them your insurance company, and they can find out or may know from dealing with them in the past. As for cost without insurance, that completely depends on your dermatologist and what they charge. I'm not sure the approximate cost since I only got the 2 removed so I didn't have to pay.

Eagle
01-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Why not just have two done for starters if that's all your insurer will allow at one time, wait a bit, have two more removed, and like that? My family doctor used to burn them off, painless, when I had some small ones on the back of my neck that were just unattractive and my glasses chain would sometimes get stuck on one. It was no big deal at all.

FL_Trish
01-18-2006, 08:25 AM
My insurance allows 5 at a time.
I can have 5 removed in one appoitment and then 5 more any other time (including a week later... which I have done).

The best thing is to find a dermatologist... make an appoitment, and ask them to check with the insurance company prior to removing any.
You might have to come back and pay a second co-pay, but at that point you will know for sure that they are covered, and which ones are the moles you should be concerned about.

In my case, they knew how many I could have removed prior to my first appoitment... since I gave them my insurance information over the phone when I made the appoitment.

Good luck!