PDA

View Full Version : Weird mole

CheekyMiss
12-09-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm 17, and I have this mole on my back, well since birth, but a weird white ring formed on the skin around it. It was real thin but now it's getting bigger, and it has worried me for quite some time, but my mum didn't think anything of it. Well 2 days ago I went to the doctors for sleeping pills and mentioned the mole on my back and after seeing it he immediatly booked me for a biopsy for a few weeks from now. Up until about a month ago I tanned ALOT and cancer runs in my family. I've read up that it could Melanoma, what does everyone else think?

BonBe
12-10-2005, 06:24 AM
Hello CheekyMiss Welcome.

Well, no one can, nor should we, form an opinion. You did right though by having it biopsied. (better safe than sorry) as for the tanning, well now you know the dangers and hopefully will protect yourself in future.

Let us know the results of your pathology when you get it, we all are pulling for you.

BonBe

tomh
12-15-2005, 03:57 AM
Keep that appointment for biopsy. Hope for the best.

Pokie03
01-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't know if your still looking for info, but I had something very similar...I had a mole on my upper back with a white ring around it since I was born; it was called a halo mole. The white part (halo) grew and eventually the mole disappered, however now I have a white spot on my back when the mole once was. Hopefully you've seen a doctor and have gotten a correct diagnosis. Just remember, not all moles are cancerous.