PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Medicine for Skin Cancer

rhody
12-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Have any of you heard about Curaderm or C-Herb for the treatment of skin cancer? I was reading that Curaderm was undergoing Phase III clinical trials in the UK (if I remember right) with some good success.

In the US, the FDA has not approved these for treatment (as far as I know). But it appears that for some non-melanoma cancers, that they can be effective. Has anyone had experience with these or other alternative medicines for the successful treatment of skin cancer? Also I was reading that C-Herb can be used to remove moles. What do you know about that too?

Thanks. :)

janeslk
01-25-2006, 03:38 PM
I would love some answers as well. I did order the "black salve" as I spent more than $1,000 (high insurance deductible) last year to have a small basal cell cancer removed on my chest. I read some old posts on this forum and some people reported great success with this salve. I figure I can try it and get checked by a dermatologist later. However, I have read some horror stories about pain and craters created by these types of products. I am assuming Curaderm falls in that category as well.

Jane

rhody
01-30-2006, 08:40 PM
I bought some C-herb, but haven't used it yet. I have been using Aloe Vera a little bit, which seems to help my skin. If this works, I'll let you all know.

I have just been watching to see what the Aloe Vera does first. It seems to help heal some of my red marks, but the two small red spots that probably are basal cell cancer have not gone away (but they look slightly better). I've had many basal cell cancers removed by a doctor, and at least one of them I had for over 20 years. I didn't know it was cancer. But apparently some cancers for some people do not spread, and other cancers are extremely dangerous.

gort
01-31-2006, 12:20 PM
I read in a free online anti cancer book that garlic is good for removing moles and patches of skin cancer. It said to slice the garlic and cut it to size to only fit over the area to be treated (or will burn healthy parts of skin). Tape it on and leave all day. Remove at night and re-apply a fresh piece right away before going to bed. Do it for three days in a row and the growth or mole will fall off.

Also, my mom had luck with Pau d'arco (Taheebo) herb for her basil cell on the nose. It's gone after taking it for about 4 months.

rhody
04-16-2006, 08:55 PM
A growth on my hand was getting larger (almost the size of a dime), than the one on my arm. It was red around the edges, and crusty white at the center. It started to hurt if I accidentally pressed against it. Aloe vera was no use to it. I finally had to use the C-herb that I purchased or go to my regular dermatologist. I was a little chicken to use it. But I've used herbs successfully for many years for different things...so I had to try.

I put the C-herb on the irregular growth, and could not feel a sting of pain as the instructions suggested might happen. I treated it for five days, with a bandaid over the treatment area. I washed it and applied the dark brown herb paste regularly every day. I didn't feel any pain or discomfort during this 5 day period. Finally, when I had finished, it still looked about the same, but maybe slightly better around the edges. I was skeptical at that point, but I was still glad I tried, before seeing my doctor.

Then after a few days, I got tired of looking at the white crusty skin in the middle, and scraped it off. It was just dead skin. Slowly this dead skin fell off day after day, and after a week it looks so good. I've never seen such a wonderful treatment as this. This was a skin growth that may have been cancer, but so far it appears to be gone. (I have a history of basal cell cancer that my dermatogist has treated...and I'm tired of the scarring and permanent "holes" in my skin after surgery...and the cost is unreal for treatment.) There's just a little bit of dead skin left, and the redness has subsided in size and color.

Anyone else have luck with this kind of alternative medicine or other kinds? I'll let you know, as I see more improvement. Next I'll treat another irregular growth on my arm in a few weeks (similar to the one on my hand, but smaller). I'll use dandelion "milk" to remove the top white crusty part first, as I did last year. Then I'll finish off the pink layer below with the C-herb.

rhody
04-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh, also I wanted to thank any of you who have responded. I'm interested in all of this. I use garlic to reduce or eliminate colds, but that was nice to hear how it could be used also to treat certain kinds of skin cancer. I've read about Pau D'Arco herb for cancer too.

Curaderm seems to be a good choice in addition. I think after a number of successful trials, that orthodox medicine is going to have to take a lot of this seriously.

janeslk
06-22-2006, 07:23 AM
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to update you on my experience with cansema or black salve. I used it on a small lesion that appeared directly below one that was cut out by my doctor. I really was not expecting much, but thought it might be worth a try. I did feel a stinging sensation and kept it covered for seven days. Some small scabs appeared, not just at the place it was applied. I followed directions and let the scabs fall off naturally. The lesion has healed over and not reappeared.

Jane

rhody
06-26-2006, 08:11 PM
That's great to hear.

My irregular growth has continued to improve also. It's so slow; but this is somewhat of an experiment. It continues to produce dead cells, and I scrape them off. The redness is getting smaller. It's like my own body is fighting the bad cells and getting rid of them.