PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid about a Mole

shazzaTPM
01-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Hi everyone.

I've had a mole on my right hand for as long as I can remember. It hasn't changed dramatically (except a bit more bigger and lumpier as I have gotten older).

I worry about everything, if my mind has nothing rational to worry about it will worry about something irrational, and this is always the case in the Summer School Holidays which I am currently taking. It's anxiety, and I asked for help about it on these forums a year ago.

So it's a bit lumpy, but I never really noticed and I started to worry a bit, so (my nails are currently very long) I started scratching it real deep until it started to bleed a spot of blood, nothing dramatic.

One of the symptoms for skin cancer is to look out for blood, but does this count if you continously scratch it?

It's a perfectly looking mole and hasn't changed besides a bit bigger, and my father showed me his moles which are more bigger and lumpier than mine, so I'm quite sure I'm paranoid but still... I would like my mind at ease.

Any advice?

coley1121
01-27-2006, 05:58 PM
I would say that because you are constantly picking at it...that's why it's bleeding. Try and leave it alone and see what happens. If you are still concerned, I would make an appointment to see your doctor...if anything, you will get piece of mind :)

I actually just went to the dr yesterday to have a mole on my back looked at. I noticed that it had a red ring around it. When the dr looked at it, she said it was just growing and to check on it every once in a while.

shazzaTPM
01-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I assume so to. I have an appointment tomorrow, just for piece of mind. If worst comes to worst, I'm assuming I caught something at a very early stage and will just get it treated.