PDA

View Full Version : Worried about a mole

MB2005
04-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Maybe I'm been paranoid but here goes. I've had this mole on my stomach, for as long as I can remember. Not sure if I've had it all my life. Its quite small and its smooth, it isnít protruding from the skin. Its dark brown/red in colour, which its slightly darker in the centre. And it has some very little red dots around the edges of it. It doesnít seem to be changing colour and hasnít given me any pain. I'm a early 20's male.

Like I say maybe paranoid here, but opinions?

JS8568
04-11-2006, 12:30 PM
My 2 cents, but only a dermatologist can verify specifically what it is...I highly recommend that anyone who has any concerns make an appt...it takes away the needless worrying. And the majority of times, what looks bad to us is really nothing...but better safe than sorry. I just had 3 suspicious moles removed for the 1st time and after worrying about it, all came back benign. A derm. will tell you if you need to have it removed or not.

I wish I hadn't waited as long as I did...such a simple process! Good Luck!
p.s. Any time a mole changes in color, size, texture, etc...have it looked at.

Ga Lady
04-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Maybe I'm been paranoid but here goes. I've had this mole on my stomach, for as long as I can remember. Not sure if I've had it all my life. Its quite small and its smooth, it isnít protruding from the skin. Its dark brown/red in colour, which its slightly darker in the centre. And it has some very little red dots around the edges of it. It doesnít seem to be changing colour and hasnít given me any pain. I'm a early 20's male.

Like I say maybe paranoid here, but opinions?

Please make an appt with a dermatologist. A mole with different colors in it isn't good. Not trying to scare you but just letting you know. I had MM as you probably already know. Mine was pink! with a red ring around it. Never second guess something that "seems" to stick out to you. And my MM didn't protrude either. It was flat! Not wanting to scare you but wanting you to take charge of this immediately Ok?