PDA

View Full Version : Mole on scalp

ttc1asap
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
In '92 I was burned severely in Florida. I was purple, really sick (diarrhea etc.), had water blisters all over my stomach and neck, etc.
After that I had new brown spots and a few moles. I've always worried about them but never had them checked. I had a CBC last year which was god - not sure that rules out skin cancer though lol.
Anyway, a long time ago I felt a huge bump on my scalp. It was crusty and then some time later (not sure of time period) it got smaller. I think it got larger a few times but then shrunk down. It's been the same size for a very long time (several yrs I guess). I always worry it's growing into my brain :eek:
BTW, I had a brain MRI a year ago (re ENT problems) and it was good, but no one was looking for skin cancer, and I don't know if that would show on that (???).
Does anyone know if this mole sounds dangerous?
Then I thought it's been 16 years so I might be safe, but then I've heard it can take a long time to develop skin cancer or for it to get to the point where it threatens your life. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Yes, I am planning to see a dermatologist soon, even though I'm scared.

Ga Lady
05-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Only words of wisdom that I can send are to go onto a derm, anything that CHANGES or crusts needs to be looked at. I,too, had those kind of sunburns (sun poisoning) and I paid for it, with my melanoma diagnosis almost a year ago. Just to be safe and PEACE OF MIND, make an appt. God Bless! And let us know!

ttc1asap
05-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks and hope you are doing well!