PDA

View Full Version : pimple on ankle?

Gidget6923
05-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Hello.

I am kinda worried. About 2 years ago I noticed a small, pink bump on my ankle near the top of my foot. It is painless and when I press on it it turns white. When I shave sometimes I will knick it and it will bleed then heal up but It never goes away. It has not grown or changed at all just stays there and will not go away. Could this possibly be skin cancer? I have only had a couple bad burns and honestly I pretty much stay out of the sun or wear pants all the time and I don't fake bake.

I would appreciate some input. Thanks

wakkochic17
05-08-2006, 07:54 AM
it never hurts to get it checked out to be safe.. doesn't sound like it since it hasn't changed and it heals pretty good, but even so it may be better to get it cut off and have it checked (at least then you won't have to knick it when shaving!). It could be anything from an irregular mole, or even maybe a wart (I had one on my knee that persisted forever! it was raised and looked like a beige mole).

momoside
05-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I have something like that on my inner thigh. It is flesh colored and raised. Dr called it a fibroma I think-nothing to be worried about. good luck

Gidget6923
05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Thank you guys so much. I am less worried now and I will get it cecked out anyway just to be sure. I have to wait until I get health insurance first tho!

Ga Lady
05-09-2006, 06:17 PM
It sounds like you have a dermtifibroma. I have two on my legs. They are actually scare tissue from an insect bite or a scratch. BUT, if in doubt, get it checked out! Good Luck! God Bless!

Ga Lady
It sounds like you have a dermtifibroma. I have two on my legs. They are actually scare tissue from an insect bite or a scratch. BUT, if in doubt, get it checked out! Good Luck! God Bless!

Ga Lady

momoside
05-10-2006, 03:43 AM
actually, that is what the derm wrote on a piece of paper for me dermatofibroma!!!