PDA

View Full Version : small bald spot

bride527
05-21-2006, 06:17 AM
My hairdresser noticed that i have a small bald spot on my head, near my part in the back. Yikes!!. there doesn't appear to be anything on it, could this be a skin cancer issue? I am paranoid now because i did have a tiny spot removed from my nose two years ago that was BCC. (fine now)........i am seeing my dermatologist in a few weeks for my annual and of course I will show it to her? Somebody said it could be from stress? (who knows?) any comments?
thanks bride527

Ga Lady
05-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Is your bald spot round? If so I think I know the term for this. I will be back with it.

Ga Lady
05-21-2006, 04:38 PM
alopecia areata is the term, if its completely round or oval. BUT do seek a dermatologists for the correct diagnosis. This disorder is usually the immune system fighting the hair follicles. Kind of odd isn't it. Hubby has a cousin who has this. Completely found bald spot on her head. Last time I seen her it was lots better tho.

bride527
05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
From what i can see of it....(it is in the back of my head). It looks small and round. My hairdresser mentioned that word. What is it ? and what causes it? nothing to do with skin cancer though I hope?? bride527

Ga Lady
05-24-2006, 09:09 PM
No Ma'm! No relation to skin cancer from what I read. Just hair loss. Dont worry! Be Happy! (if you only knew me, u would laugh at that...I see stuff n worry TOO much!)