PDA

View Full Version : Appendicitis Question

jaboop35
05-26-2006, 10:19 PM
hi everyone. basically for a few days ive had sort of a dull pain in my right side. it sometimes radiated toward my back, and occasionally toward the front of my abdomen. its not really a sharp pain, more of a dull ache, and feels sore. would it be ok to rule out appendicitis, since its more on the side, than in the spot where the appendix is? also since its been a few days since it started wouldn't it have gotten to more serious point by now if it was appendicitis? nothing is really tender anywhere either, and my temperature is only averaging around 99.2 or so. so would it be ok to rule out appendicitis? if so, what could it be. could i have strained or pulled a muscle? thanks for any info.

Toot Toot
05-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I can only share my experience. I awoke in the middle of the night vomiting. A lot. I went back to sleep. In the morning, I couldn't lift my right leg for the pain in my abdomen (right side). I called my doctor and explained the pain and the mid-night's porcelain project. As he suggested, I went to the ER and was admitted immediately for surgery. The doctor told me afterward that he had never seen such an infected appendix; he was completely surprised that it hadn't ruptured. Anyway, after the whole ordeal, I remembered that I had in fact been feeling a dull ache in my side for several days leading up to this; I just didn't pay it much attention. This was over 20 years ago now, but it's one event I'll never forget! I'd definitely have it checked out if the "pain" is enough to continually remind you it's there. Wish you well! :wave:

jaboop35
05-26-2006, 11:05 PM
was the dull ache always there, or did it come and go? did the pain start in the middle of your stomach, because thats where i've read that it usually starts. im sort of concerned that it could be appendicitis, but it's really just been on my side for the most part, and really isn't bad enough to go get checked out. especially since it's stayed the same for about 48 hours now, and still no pain in the front. do you remember how long you had the dull ache for exactly?

Toot Toot
05-26-2006, 11:30 PM
I had the dull ache for probably four days prior to the surgery. The pain was fixed on the side, but it would occasionally "stab" me in the middle. The ache, as I remember it, was always there, yet not always so noticeable (if that makes any sense). Like you, I didn't feel any need to see a doctor at that point; it wasn't even enough to make me slow down and give it much thought.

jaboop35
05-27-2006, 09:58 AM
just wanted to add that today i feel a bit better actually. it almost feels kinda sore/swollen above my right hip, but it doesnt, for the moment, hurt that much. im beginning to move toward the fact that it may be a pulled or strained muscle, especially since it radiates into my back at times, and when i push on the muscle next to my spine it feels sore. any other thoughts?

jaboop35
05-28-2006, 02:35 PM
sorry to double post, but just wanted to update everyone. i still have somewhat of a dull ache above my right hip, and it sometimes feels like its more toward the front, or sometimes more toward the back. i still have no other symptoms, of anything really, just kinda that dull ache. it felt pretty good when i first woke up, but as the day is going on its starting to return. i guess i can rule out appendicitis since its going on day 4 of this. any thoughts at all?