PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal Bone Scan please Help

poliscigal
06-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I had a bone scan today after two months of having pain in my left rib area, I had two chest X-rays, and a CT Scan and they were normal. The bone scan came back abnormal with accumulation of the nuclide in the left ribs ( I also saw the bright marking on the side during the scan) so anyway, they took an Xray to further investigate a few minutes after and that came back negative. The only reason I have this info is because I have a friend at the hosp who read the report for me. If anyone has experienced this or may have an idea on why an x ray would be ordered immediately after an abnormal bone scan, let me know. Also, what could it be if it doesn't show up on x-ray, but shows up on the bone scan?

_mystictiger_
06-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi there.

I really dont know what this could be. But bone scans are more in-depths tests and pick up most abnormailities that a usual Xray wouldn't pick up. This could be why the Xray was negative but the bone scan was positive.

Its possible you may of broken a rib in the past and the bone scan picked up the lesions or scarring left over from the break. This can sometimes happen but wait on what your doctor says or get a appointment to see your doctor to find out what the scan picked up. Good luck.