PDA

View Full Version : Fizzing sensation in head

Charme
06-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi all, :wave:

The night before last I started getting an on-off fizzing sensation in my head, just above the neck. The fizzing was like those small sweets you used to get in boxes, and you stufffed a load in your mouth and they all fizzed on your tounge. I could hear the fizzing too. Well at the time I just thought "Oh, how odd." But yesterday when I woke up I had a tremendous headache and my balance was completely off. Off enough for me to fall over a few times. It hasn't returned yet, and though I'm not too concerned there's a small part of me which wonders if I should be. So has anyone ever experienced this, or have any input into what it is? I tried to find an answer on the wobbly wobbly web but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any input.

Best,
Charme

nicknamefij
06-23-2006, 12:14 PM
i've experienced something very similar. infact, i explained it the same way, but as "pop rocks". those things always made that fizzing noise.

anywho, i've come to the conclusion that its my mucles/bones and i can hear it directly when i move my arms or shoulders. another time i cna hear it is when my stomach is growling... more of a quiet growl cuz you cant hear it outside, just inside your head.

i would still mention it to your doctor. worth it.

take care,
Nick

trg247
06-23-2006, 02:14 PM
I have sort of the same noise that seems to be coming from where my skull meets the neck. At first I thought my brain cells were burning up.

trg247

Charme
06-23-2006, 02:40 PM
I looked up your post nicknamefij, I don't think we get pop rocks over here in the uk, I think they were called meanies. Hmmm, anyway, thanks for your replies. Did either of you notice a sore head (as bad as a migraine but without sore eyes etc) and any loss of balance? I'm sure it's from the head (exactly where you describe trg) and not the stomach (as described in the other post). Anyway, I'll make an appointment with my doctor on Monday. It'll be in at least 2wks, so if it doesn't happen again before then I'll cancel it.

By the way, I mentioned it to my sister on the phone and she asked if I was sure I wasn't lieing on a packet of crisps lol! :D

Best,
Charme

what could it b
06-24-2006, 05:56 AM
I get that fizzing sensation to, around where the neck meets the skull. Its the weirdest sensation. My b/f didn't believe me about it, till one night, when i felt it coming on, i made him put his ear to it. Such a shock he got! LOL!

I don't get any associated pain with it. I do wonder what it is tho, and if it is ok to have such a crackily sound in the body. Somebody said it could be spinal fluid brushing against bone or something....dunno, :p

Charme
06-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi...er...what could it b (cool name!)

Interesting that other people have experienced it too, but that nobody is sure what it is. Well it happened again yesterday and once more today I have a headache. The pain isn't so bad today, and my balance doesn't seem to be affected this time. When I go to the doctor (assuming it keeps occurring) I'll report what he says. Though I'm pretty sure he'll just say it isn't anything to worry about. :rolleyes:

Best,
Charme

brook65
06-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi don't want to worry you, but I had this once and then fainted, due to lack of blood to the brain!

I would suggest you get your blood pressure checked.

Good luck:)

Charme
06-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Brook, many many thanks for the indicator! I do have low blood pressure anyway, and the meds I'm on (for depression) may be altering my blood pressure further. Without this pointer I suspect my doctor would have dismissed as "one of those things." So thanks again.

Best,
Charme

Worried1977
06-25-2006, 05:07 PM
FINALLY people that also have this!!!!!!!!

i thought i was going crazy!!! i too have this feeling and when it happens i lose balance a tiny bit. not enough to make me fall over but enough to bug me. this happened a few weeks ago and dizziness lasted 3 weeks. i was in ER cuz of it they did a ct scan and all kinds of blood work everything was normal they diagnosed me with an inner ear disorder. that feeling is creepy though. kinda feels like a fizzing cringe that only last for a couple seconds. i too have suffered from headaches since i was 13 and im now almost 29. so apparantly with my ct scan coming back normal atleast i know i dont have a tumor! this happens more right before i start to fall asleep. i always thought it was my brain falling asleep and maybe i was just "feeling" things. but the other day i was working on my scrapbook stuff and stupid me looked at this really bad striped paper and right when i looked at it i had that fizzing feeling and i was off balance again!!! maybe some connection with inner ear? my fizzy feeling is more on my left side.

brook65
06-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Brook, many many thanks for the indicator! I do have low blood pressure anyway, and the meds I'm on (for depression) may be altering my blood pressure further. Without this pointer I suspect my doctor would have dismissed as "one of those things." So thanks again.

Best,
Charme

I am so glad I could give you an indictator!

You say you have low blood pressure already, also some antidepressants can lower BP moreso as a side effect!

I suffer from low blood pressure, and when I stand up sometimes, I go dizzy for about 5 seconds, and have to stand still untill the BP rises up a bit!

Do a search on the net for side effects of your drug, and if it says can cause blood pressure to drop, I think you should perhaps have medication reviewed by your doctor.

Glad I have been able to give you some possible pointer.

Good luck:)

BLTz
06-25-2006, 09:16 PM
WOW, popping rocks, finally I don't feel like I'm going nuts. I've heard those fizzing noises too in my neck near my head. I mentioned it to my doc but he said nothing. But anyway does anyone feel fuzzy headed, disoriented, and tired all the time. I've been to so many docs had way too many tests done. My blood pressure is always what they call perfect 110/70 and 120/60 max when I'm anxious. This all began when I was 6 months pregnant, now my baby is 18 months old. Any ideas please let me know.

Charme
06-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow, I'm surprised so many people have has this feeling. When I asked my family none of them had ever heard of it.

Brook as soon as you mentioned blood pressure I checked to see if clomipramine can lower it as I haven't been on it for long. Apparently it doesn't though. I've been on the Lithium for quite some time now and it's carefully regulated so I don't imagine that'll be it either. I wonder if because I haven't been drinking coffee lately it's allowed my BP to drop, hmmm bit of a shot in the dark that one.

BLTz I can feel tired and fuzzy headed quite often because of my depression, so don't think I'd notice if the fizziness makes any difference.

Anyway I'm seeing my doctor on the 5th July so I'll report back what he says. I really hope he doesn't put it down to just one of those things, I'm more curious than worried now! :D

Best,
Charme

EDIT: Welcome to the board by the BLTz. :wave:

brook65
06-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi again, just make sure you get you get your pressure checked when you go to your doctor! although I will say some people get the white coat syndrome, when your pressure rises due to someone measuring it and anxiety!

Coffee does raise pressure due to the caffine, so it could be a possibility! another thought, have you thought about dyhydration, when waking up with a headache, that is often due to dehydration! just another possibility!

Very best of luck, and good luck with your appointment.

Keep us posted:)

Charme
06-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey again Brook,

I will do, I'm used to doctors/nurses/psycsh! :D I get regular blood tests and ECGs, and a blood pressure test every time I start a new med. The last one was a couple of months ago though. But getting tests doesn't bother me these days.

I'm 100% sure I'm not dehydrated. When I've been dehydrated in the past I'm always sick. These days though the lithium I take leaves me thirsty all the time so I never go anywhere without a drink, I'm more hrdrated than the average! :)

I most certainly will keep you updated.

Best,
Charme

BLTz
06-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I've heard that depression can do a lot of things to ones head and thoughts even creating symptoms. Fortunately I've had ct's, heart ultrasounds, holter monitors on my heart, ekgs, stress test, respiratory tests, all kinds of x-rays. I think every organ in my body has been checked and everything is normal. I only get the fizzing sensation when I haven't ate and when I move my right shoulder, oddly its the shoulder I strained a long time ago, but not always though. I'm getting a sleep apnea test on the 10th. Doc says we'll go from there. He seems to think its in all in my head. But the symptoms seem so real its scary. Like right now I feel extremely lightheaded not like I'm going to faint but disoriented and I feel pressure in my chest. I used to get panic attacks like 4 to 10 times a day, but when I got pregnant I learned to control them this doesn't feel like them. I just hope its something that they can treat or cure and not life threatening. It's comforting to have found this website. I hope it is just stress, I'm a freak I worry about dying all the time, does anyone else feel this way??