PDA

View Full Version : Rectal Burning Lasting Months

jenl2881
06-25-2006, 12:03 AM
About 3 or 4 months ago, I started feeling feverish constantly and was diagnosed with a UTI. The doctor put me on 1000 mg of Cipro for 7 days, and the UTI went away. While taking the Cipro, i started to feel burning and itching whenever I had a bowl movement, and often the area would become raw and no creams or washing would help. I got a second UTI a few days later, probably was passed around on the toilets at my work because many women got UTI's during that month, and told my doctor about the burning. She put me on more Cipro! 500 mg once a day for 7 days.

The UTI went away, and we were off insurance for 3 months. I assumed it would heal up on it's own, but that wasn't the case. I tried yogurt, yeast infection medicine, bactoban cream, natural digestive system regulation, stool softeners (thought maybe it was too hard), and many other things. My mom is an RN, and she didn't know what to do. I convinced her to let me wait until we had insurance, which was agony but less expensive for her, and I went to see a different doctor. She did 2 stool sample, and both came out negative!

I don't know what to do. I can't stand the burning anymore. Sometimes it isn't as bad, and others it's agonizing. Sometimes the skin around the opening swells so badly that I can't sit down and the skin gets so raw it often bleeds (i had a test done involving the rectal bleeding, and it came out negative).

Any help would be in utterly appreciated! Thank you.

orion
06-25-2006, 12:40 AM
This has to be a fungus infection of some kind brought on by taking the antibiotics. Your sugar intake should go to near zero for two weeks; that includes breads, potatoes, and fruits. Fungus loves sugar to eat, so you need to starve it. Secondly, get some probiotic pills from a health food store. The pills should have at least 3 different types of bacteria. At least one of those will like to eat the fungus in your gut. Thirdly, use hydrocortisone cream to cut the itch. Use it sparingly because that cream can promote fungus growth, but it is important to stop the itch. Sometimes an ice cube can act to stop the itch fast so the cream has time to work.

If things clear up, don't stop for at least two weeks, and it might take a good month to work.

You may find it comes back after a few weeks of stopping the probiotic pills. If it does, then start again with the pills and zero sugar for another two weeks.

Fungus infections can take a while to beat.

jenl2881
06-25-2006, 06:33 AM
I thought it smelled kinda moldy sometimes... but it wouldn't come out on the stool sample? no sugar for 2 weeks :( i'm going to oregon next week. that totally bites