PDA

View Full Version : White spot that doesn't tan?

jillian357
07-20-2006, 06:16 AM
Hi all,
I am a sun worshipper, I admit it...I also frequent the tanning bed 2 times a week. I know, it's bad for me.....

I have a spot on the back of my arm that is about the size of a quarter....I have noticed it for about 2 weeks now. It is snow white and will not tan...and the skin feels a bit flakey in nature.

I'm trying not to get too worked up about it....but still wonder if I should be worried about it. Has anyone had an area of skin that simply would NOT tan, and if so, what was the cause?

Thanks in advance! :)

~jill

o_janus_o
07-20-2006, 07:11 AM
I have a spot about the size of a dime on my face that seems not to tan. I'm very pale anyway so it's barely noticable. I always assumed it was just lack of pigment there. I know it can happen. There's some sort of skin condition, as well, where the pigment starts to vanish. Think Michael Jackson.

I'd keep looking into it though. I'm not crazy knowledgable in that department. Just a thought though.h

Alex_R
07-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Its more than likely vitiligo. Your immune system attacking the melanocytes for some reason, killing them off creating pure white patches. Ive had it all my life, you should look it up. It can get MUCH worse.

adrianh
09-18-2006, 06:35 PM
I have a white spot on the right part of my face. and on my back. I heard its a skin condition.