PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

HEYKAY
08-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Is Anyone Taking Med. For Anxiery. If So What.

Janet W.
08-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Kay -

I was dx'd with anxiety attacks and depression. I am currently taking Zoloft and Xanax. The xanax helps more with the anxiety the Zoloft helps with depression and panic attacks.

It does help but there is no magic pill- I also have close contact with a therapist to help.

:wave:
Hope this helps
Janet

HEYKAY
08-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Kay -

I was dx'd with anxiety attacks and depression. I am currently taking Zoloft and Xanax. The xanax helps more with the anxiety the Zoloft helps with depression and panic attacks.

It does help but there is no magic pill- I also have close contact with a therapist to help.

:wave:
Hope this helps
Janet

Thanks Janet

I've been using Ativan 1/2 tablet a day - works very well for me. But doc wants to put me on Lexapro. Im afraid of the side affects. SO am having aniety about the switch. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Kay

Janet W.
08-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Kay -

Hi, is there another med. you can try- or If the anxiety gets real high- maybe you should try the Lexepro - remember it usually takes some time to work- and everyone is different- when I started on Zoloft- they had to keep upping my dosage- now I take 200mg. the most you can take. It has helped but again there is no magic pill- unfortunately- I had some side affects in the beginning but the help from the Zoloft outweighed the side affects.

Janet

jiminator
03-27-2007, 04:29 AM
Hi Kay,
I was left with an anxiety disorder because of a brain injury, and I take Xanax XR, and Klonipin. Together they work well.