PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Moles...

ash0479
09-03-2006, 02:10 PM
I have been born with lots of moles, I keep my ming on them, nothing really has changed with them, I might be getting a few more here and there with age, nothing as far as itching, bleeding, pussing, etc....

I should add that I really have not noticed any change in my moles as far as size, bleeding, irratation or anything like that...just have alot of them and have had them since birth...couple are large but they have been. No redness, nothing raised, no itching...after quitting smoking it is almost like I am looking for something to be wrong....can anyone help?? I am suffering from anxiety and probably just looking for something that might be wrong....as mentioned before I have not had any type of irration, but now I am paranoid because I have alot of moles and I heard that as you get older you can develop more...

Please help

ash0479
09-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Man o man, I do not know why I do this to myself, but I recently had an MRI or the brain and a CT Scan of the chest abdomen, and pelvic area which came back normal...so if I dod have something as far as skin, I am assuming it would be in the early stages...as mentioned earlier I have not noticed anything abnormal about my moles, but I am just looking for some comfort from all the intellegent and knowledgable individuals on this board, I am also setting up a meeting with a dermatologist this week, I just recently had a physical and my doc did not notice anything odd during that....God sometimes I wish I was still smoking...

momoside
09-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi. First of all, you are not alone. I have and still do travel down the dermatologist road. I have anxiety too , mixed in with ocd. So far, thank goodness, everything is fine. I would go get a full body check and then make another appt for 6 months later. Go every 6 months to a year to be checked and anything you are worried about can be examined. I was going every week and sometimes 2-3x a week. It was insane. I have some friends with melanoma and they are both fine.
Good luck.
Haley

ash0479
09-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I guess my question would be for now is that it must not have really spread anywhere considering nothing showed up on my CT scan and MRI of the brain...so even if I had something it might be in the early curable stages...correct....please help...once again I have not noticed anything abnormal about my moles, but now this is stuck in my head....I hate anxiety

wakkochic17
09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I would think it would have to be pretty far advanced to show up in an MRI or CT scan. They usually biopsy your lymph nodes to see if it has spread.

As for moles, it's perfectly normal if you have lots of moles. The only time you have to worry is if they start to change shape or size. Just keep an eye on things and learn to know your body. If you see any changes, don't hesistate to get one removed. Go get a skin check once a year to let your dermatologist keep an eye on it. You're probably better off having the moles for so long because most moles that develop when you are young never turn to cancer. I am 28 and in the last few years I've had multiple moles pop up, change shape, change color.. and they come from nowhere! So I'm paranoid cause every new one I fear may be "something". Thankfully the 4 I've had off have been negative..
but either way, just keep an eye on it. You aren't going to develop severe melanoma overnight. As long as you are watching your moles, you are going to notice any changes early enough for detection.

ash0479
09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I went to the Dermatologist today, she has been doing this for 30 years, she checked my entire body pretty thorougly...I have alot of moles including some that are large, but she check ed them all, took about 30 minutes or so and she said I had nothing to worry about...she did take off a sweat gland that was clogged on my forehead, it has been there for years without every itching bleeding, growing, etc....she was confident it was just a benign growth and nothing to worry about but I had her send it out to have checked...so feeling better now...no melanoma presnt or signs of it....anxiety is now going to turn to something else...thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it

spinaltap
11-15-2006, 03:27 PM
JUst was wondering what causes a mole to develop, if you didnt notice it
before does it just go from light to a little darker as you get older.