PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here had Bravo test?

outlaw79
09-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Im going in for the Bravo test next week I have panic disorder anybody tell me what it was like hurt,and dangerous side effects etc..
Outlaw

Capistrano
09-09-2006, 01:30 PM
My new GI doc ordered one but it hasn't been scheduled yet. I'll be very interested to hear about your experience. I hope it goes well!

outlaw79
09-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah me too lol I have panic disorder so it should be fun j/k..I will tell yall how it goes anybody here had it?
OutLAw

patricia jean
09-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes... I had the Bravo test a year ago. They put me to sleep then attached the little capsule to my esophagus. I could always tell it was there becasue everything that I ate got hung up on it...not bad though . It took about 8 days for it to fall off...nothing to it !...and I have Anxiety....: eek:

spider37
09-10-2006, 06:07 AM
i had the bravo test done twice i was not asleep when this was done the first time i had no problems with food going down the second one was a different story everytime i ate something it would get stuck and put me in alot of pain it took 3 weeks for it to dislodge when it did i could feel it geting caught while it was moving its way down i won't even describe what i went through when they put it in lets just say it wasn't pretty

Capistrano
09-10-2006, 06:19 AM
AFter having had UPPP and many ongoing side-effects (acid reflux being one of them), I am extremely hesitant to undergo Bravo. It sounds like there is definitely pain and discomfort in some cases. I don't want to go through that again!

taape
09-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Does it help to have a liquid diet to keep from choking?

NancyH
09-10-2006, 11:21 PM
What is the capsule suppose to show them anyway? Just curious, never heard of the Bravo test, only had endoscopies. I have gerd, breathing problems stem from it, go through cycles, a few good weeks and few bad weeks and so on. I'd really like to know what Bravo is for and what is suppose to do!! I could tolerate the pain as long as my acid reflux would go away, nothing works for long, Nex Proton over counter acid reducers, still there and getting sick of it.

outlaw79
09-11-2006, 12:21 AM
It shows the ph level how much reflux etc..The severity and when you feel pain you hit a button.Im really scared but I need the test I prefer it done this way than tubes down my nose..This 48 hr not 24 hr the the old school method..
Anybody else had it?

Capistrano
09-11-2006, 02:57 PM
I just cancelled my Bravo test. It sounds like there is a good chance of pain and discomfort, which I am not willing to undergo after the year I've had following my throat surgery for sleep apnea. So I'll have the other 2 tests (colonoscopy and abdominal CAT scan) and go back to my regular GI doc.
I am finally learning to follow my instincts about medical procedures!