PDA

View Full Version : Im convinced i have melanoma

robin_doak
09-13-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey all,

I was born a real moley person and up to about 4 months ago i scracthed a mole on the right side of my left leg and it popped like a pimple, but it started to bleed, now a couple of days ago i looked on the other side of my leg and seen one that is about 1/2 mm risen and it hurts abit.

I have also noticed i have been getting more moles around my body and some are really itchy, and some have black lines going throug them. i have freecals on my arm that look like they are turning into more moles. also nearly every mole on my body is'nt perfectly round. :confused:

Also i think im loosing weight (If that has anything to do with it)

so... is any of this melanoma, I tend to freek out when i go to the doctor, so i really want to know befor i make an apoitment with my GP.

Thanks all

Robin

momoside
09-13-2006, 07:28 AM
the only way to know for sure is to go see a dermatologist. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about but do get it checked out. A bleeding mole is not normal

cherman
09-16-2006, 10:12 AM
I agree see a Dermatogist they found my melanoma even though two doctors said it wasn't the dermatogist took a shaving sample and it turned out to me melanoma. I am seeing a oncologist Thursday I have had the cancer removed by a plastic surgeon since it was on my face they did get it all. But it might come back when and where who knows. Good Luck

Ilovedogstwo
09-17-2006, 08:13 PM
A melanoma is nothing to fool around with. They have a varying color in the middle of them. Just about like a rainbow sometimes. Our son had the brown mole which was perfectly round but in the middle it was many colors of reds. Very sick looking. They had to take a good deal of his back off twice. About the size of a golf ball. He is checked every 6 months. Keep all appointments. God has been good to us and him but every so often they will take any mole off that looks suspect. Watch for an discoloration in a mole. Be it brown or black. The discoloration is a sign of concern. Stay out of the sun and cover well if you are blond. Fair skinned people are much more prone to this happening. Much luck..

ash0479
09-18-2006, 06:00 AM
I would definately get checked out, however, these symptoms to do always mean that you have Melanoma...you mentioned you scratched the mole off, was it cleeding prior to that?? Also, it sounds like you have been doing alot of research on the subject and almost looking for the symptoms on yourself...I soubt it would be spreading all over your body so fast...get it checked by a Dermatologist and take it from there...good luck...